Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

good and bad news with (Dealership)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007 | 10:22 PM
wellsjj
|
3rd Gear
Default good and bad news with (Dealership)

06 softail standard injected

Well I took my bike in to have a 95" kit installed. With 204 SE cams. I do have the SE air cleaner, BUB Jug Hugger pipes, and the SERT. Idecided not to have any thing done to the heads from advice from here and from the Tec. He said that the 06 heads are very good and he has had great luck with them and the 95" kits.
So here is the scoop.
98HP
96 to 97ftp of Torque
I have not been able to ride it yet it is raining out. But looking forward to it.
The bad part is he would not give me a copy of the map he created while he dynoed it. So I have no way of doing any changes to the bike with out starting over with a canned map.
That sucks
I argued with him that it is my bike my SERT and my dyno so it should be my map. But he just kept saying it was his map. and they don't copy them.
So I hope he got all the settings right. So I don't have to start over.
It sure does sound good though.
[/align]

Old 03-24-2007 | 10:29 PM
kishstl
Road Master
Default RE: good and bad news with (Dealership)

That sucks. But your dyno numbers seem great. Leave it to a stealership to find creative ways to squeeze you!

Old 03-25-2007 | 01:31 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

The map is what you paid for.
Is there no way to extract the current settings from the SERT?
I wouldn't even pay for it... call your credit card.

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:35 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

I was told the same thing at my stealer, $457.00 SERT 1 hr install $75.00 and I could NOT have the map?!? NO THANKS!!!

Old 03-26-2007 | 09:16 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Intermediate

If you buy a SERT can't you just look at the curent settings and then save them??

Old 03-26-2007 | 11:10 PM
2.wheels.of.love
Banned

I am not trying to get down on you but I work as a tech for a dealership and have extensive experiance with motors and dyno tuning. The numbers that they told you do not seem right at all. 98 hp with stock heads and 204 cams is crazy. Them not giving you any proof as in a dyno sheet only proves my point more. They ARE able to give you a printed out dyno sheet with your horsepower, torque, and air fuel ratio on it. The only reason that they wont give it to you is because they are lying. If you are curious get the bike and take it to another dealer or dyno and they will tell the truth since tehy have nothing to hide.
As far as the map, you can save it to a disc just like anything else. The only time we never give them out is because we know someone will try to sell it, like aftermarket muffler and exhaust shops or non hd dealers. Again they are hiding that. Who is to say they even did a map or just put the maps that come in the race tuner pre made from factory.
Demand the dyno sheet there is no reason they cant give it to you. Its only proof they did the correct job.

Old 03-27-2007 | 12:10 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 2.wheels.of.love

The only time we never give them out is because we know someone will try to sell it, like aftermarket muffler and exhaust shops or non hd dealers.
It's still the property of the person that paid for the job.
It's a custom tune for his bike only... on any other bike it's as good as a canned map.
The dealer has no rights to withold this from him. Sounds like they are trying to act like the RIAA (music industry) and prevent him from having a backup copy of what he paid for.

I'm thinking the same as you, that they didn't do the job he paid for and are hiding it.

Old 03-27-2007 | 01:01 AM
zoomie67
Tourer

That's why I have a PCIII and do my own wrenching.

Old 03-31-2007 | 03:25 AM
dynodude
Intermediate

The big clue here is they only charged you one hour . For a custom map?????? I don't think so. They are bulsh##ing you. Tell them to pack it, be glad you're only out $75, and find yourself a reputable shop to deal with.