Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

95" Build - Repost

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:18 AM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 95" Build - Repost

I posted this in General and was told I'd get more responses here. I'm also adding this line I omitted in the other post - this might be a better option for me:

"The cost for a 90/90 package is less.We would not have to go with as high flowing heads, We would massage your heads with new valves and springs and a575 lift cam, so you could save about $600.00"

I'm just reposting because I'd like to get all the opinions I can before investing what is a good chunk of change to me. Please, keep in mind, I'm not a gearhead by any means. So, please keep it simple for my simple mind....thx

I recently paid off my 2003 Fatboy (carbureted). Now I'd like to put my discretionary income toward increasing torque and horsepower.

Following isa quote I got from a reputable performance shop in my area. It's rather pricey but there are not an abundance of good tuners in my area (N Alabama). So, I really don't have anything to compare it to.

If you know of any good performance shops in the area, please let me know. If you know of any in the Nashville area, that would work because I'm only about a 100 miles from there.

I don't have the skill to do the build myself which is, I know, the inevitable reply. I wish I did.

Please let me know what you think.

The following is the build list for 100+ HP/100+ lbs Tq.

SE Piston Kit 10.5:1****************************** 279.95
SE Cylinder Kit, 95"***************************** 299.95
[/align]SE Heads, SE Pro****************************** 949.95
[/align]TW6HG 590 Lift Gear Cams,******************** 400.00
[/align]Gear Drive***************************************** 390.00
[/align]Install Kit Gear********************************** 29.00
[/align]Lifter Kit***************************************** 119.00
[/align]SE Push Rods********************************* 140.00
[/align]Oil Pump Relief Spring +15%********************* 18.00
[/align]Gasket Kit Top end MLS*********************** 94.00
[/align]TC88A Ign Module*********************** 285.00
[/align]SESE 44 mm Carb.*********************** 300.00
[/align]SE Manifold********************** 75.00
[/align]Spark Plugs********************** 7.00
[/align]SE Clutch Spring********************** 25.00
[/align][font=arial]EZ-Pull Clutch Kit*********************&n

Old 03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts
Default RE: 95" Build - Repost

One thing you might want to consider is just pricing the labor at your indy shop for this setup and try to get the parts on your own. You might be able to save some money that way.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Dirtrace95
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, here's what id do, Dont buy The SE heads. save some money and get better performance from having your stock heads worked on. Second, skip the BIG carb, again... work on your stock carb, jetting n needle and such. The 44 carb is to big anyway. Go with some Andrews tw37 cams. Running this cam you can save $$$ on not having to buy new push rods and lifters.Use flat top pistons with your 95in kit. Forget the SE intake manifold as it wont do much either. I build this stuff everyday and it hauls a$$ when im done. It will also live a long happy life.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Harleypaw
Tourer

I agree with Dirtrace95 on the heads and carb, but I would stay with the TW6 cams over the 37's

Old 03-16-2007, 09:22 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, for $2100 you can get a full HeadQuarters build that will do 110/110 at least.

For $5000 that build better come with a blow___!!

Steve

Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Littleshack
Cruiser

$3700 Installed Drop off and pick up DONE!

$700 Gear Drive Cam
$300 Pistons Good ones JE
$140 Pushrods
$900-$1200 Heads
$125 Jugs

$4400 is alot of Flow to spend talk to Doug @ http://www.head-quarters.com/index.html

Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That's my problem. I don't have the mechanical wherewithal to do the job myself and Head-Quarters is in Michigan. R&R is in New Hampshire.

I don't want to sound like a douche bag, but how would somebody like me, take advantage of these deals?

Thanks and please, no douche bag comments......

Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Check here for some 98" packages: http://www.gmrperformance.com/Twin_C...e_Packages.htmthen talk to your local wrench about putting it together.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:49 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bfrmbama

That's my problem. I don't have the mechanical wherewithal to do the job myself and Head-Quarters is in Michigan. R&R is in New Hampshire.

I don't want to sound like a douche bag, but how would somebody like me, take advantage of these deals?

Thanks and please, no douche bag comments......
Call Doug at Headquarters and go over the build you want to do. Then you send him your heads and cylinders so he can work his magic. He will send them back all ready to bolt on, also he will send the cams too. Gaskets are extra and adjustable pushrods too.
Talk to your local wrench about doing the work for you, or find a local forum member that is willing to help you out.

Steve

Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of local wreches don't want to install out of shop parts, so that may not be an option.

You are totally getting screwed on the parts prices (those prices are retail or more). And no, I'm not talking about comparing the prices to Ebay, I am talking about splitting the difference between Ebay and full retail (which is what I think is fair).

Shop around, talk to a bunch of builders, don't get in a hurry and research, research, research!

Quick Reply: 95" Build - Repost