Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

DC/MD machine shops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC/MD machine shops?

I want to have my heads taken apart so I can ship parts out to Big boyz. Any good machine shops in the DC/MD area?
Eastern's performance does my bike work, but they deal with Zippers performance. Haven't read anything about them on any of the forums.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
DickGrayson
Road Captain
Default RE: DC/MD machine shops?

I just had my transmission offset for my wide tire kit done at Jackman's Custom Cycles in Rockville, MD. They did a good job and were fairly decent guys, but it ended up costing me more than they originally estimated and didn't bother to tell me that until I got there to pay. That left a bad taste in my mouth. They could probably do it all for you. Google for the website, I don't remember it off-hand.

There's also MDO Modern Cycles and Iron Works Cycles in the same little industrial area as Jackman's. Ed at MDO seems like a really knowledgable and helpful guy, but I haven't had any work done there. Iron Works Cycle is who Rockville Harley refers people to when they won't do a certain job.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
roadglide65
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not trying to take any thing away from Big Boys but it might be worth the time to give these gusy a call if your having some head work done http://www.sykeperformance.com/

Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer

I talked to a rep at Big Boyz, and I was thoroughly pleased. He wasn't trying to see how deep my pockets were and he actually saved me some money on parts I thought I would need but don't. I visited the website but they didn't have any info, so I'll call and see what they are talking about. I trust Tim at Easterns Performance, I may just have them to break my engine down, send parts to BB and put it back together. Pending on what info I get from your source. Thanks again.