Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

poor customer service and atitude, spell never again

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor customer service and atitude, spell never again

i have posted about my experience with rb racing and the black hole exhaust.

i did not post that the person i spoke to before the sale ,a lady, was super nice and very polite and tried to be helpful even though when i asked about my pipes she kept telling me that she had to go and pick them up,etc..and 2 weeks later she went to pick them up. fine ,no problem ,i could wait .

but the guy ,whatever his name , is sour and i think maybe he does not like to deal with customers .

i explained to him that i did not know what i was doing and had some questions and complaints .
well, in his self arrogant and know it all atitude he just dismissed me instead of trying to get to the meat of the situation and try to help me.

i e-mailed him 3 times and he just does not reply.

1st ,i asked questions about the pipe and he never replied . i had to telephone and the nice lady was very helpful. she turned me over to him and i guess i was below him intellectually as far as bikes and pipes are concerned and he just sort of sounded disgusted answering any questions .......ok no problem, i also get my period every now and then ....

but,

another e-mail i asked him if i could ship my bike to him for tuning and other stuff like cams ,etc and i would then pick it up and ride it home...............no answer..........

another ,i asked him questions about the possibility that my pipe was causing the vibrations due to its closeness to the footpeg............( i am now relocating this outwards ),no reply,

the only e-mail he replied ,promptly was when i asked if i could return the pipe to them and iwould pay a re-stocking fee ......he said no.......

i then asked another question and he came backwith a terse NO.

well, word gets around ...........................

Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: poor customer service and atitude, spell never again

And I though my stealership was bad... [:-]

Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I would just sell that pipe to somebody else, and get yourself a supertrapp. I'am sure you'll come out ahead money wise and also be alot happier with the pipe. Did you not research the lsr before buying? I have heard so many negative things on them I'am surprised anyone would consider them, customer service is everything!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I looked into anRB pipe when I was shopping for pipes and heard nothing but HORROR storiesabout their customer service........or lack of.

Screw 'em........sell that pipe and get something else. You seem to have enough money, so ditch those and go with something else. There are pipes and even slipons that will offer what you are looking for..............I know, I own slip-ons that I am VERY pleased with.....and I didn't even "break the bank" to acquire the gain.

Sorry you are having a heck of a time. Cut your losses on THOSE pipes and move on so you can enjoy your Harley experience.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:50 AM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FF,

If I can help ya, I will.......

I can take some pic's of my pipe install if it will help ya...

Good Luck.

BTW, I'm not excusing anyone.........but that is his demeaner. He has a hard time lookin ya in the eye when he talks..........but man is this guy SMART!!!! Well educated engineer type. KNOWS HIS CHIT!!!!

But is a small Mom & Pop shop...............

there shop is not located in the best neighborhood.... defiantly don't want to spend anytime there in the evening...... I belive thats why they close shop up early afternoon.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 AM
ffb
Tourer

thank you rmarion.

no, i am begining to learn how to handle the pipe .

i have ordered footpeg extenders in order to try and eliminate the vibes due to the proximity of the pipe to the footpegs.

we will see if this works.

and, he may be bright and all that but if he has a problem dealing with people and communicating with them he should let someone else do it for him and he just stay in the background.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ffb

thank you rmarion.

no, i am begining to learn how to handle the pipe .

i have ordered footpeg extenders in order to try and eliminate the vibes due to the proximity of the pipe to the footpegs.

we will see if this works.

and, he may be bright and all that but if he has a problem dealing with people and communicating with them he should let someone else do it for him and he just stay in the background.
FF

FYI, the header brake pedal clearance is 1/4". When my pipe was hitting the pedal, it was not a vibration but more like a friggin RATTLE, RUMBLE, like a train coming thru the middle of your house. My problem was I forgot to remove the existing HD exhaust gasket. Also, the spacer and bolt are items that are available at your local auto parts or hardware store.
Good Luck
Rick