Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

V&H Dresser Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007 | 12:54 AM
PSO169
|
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Dresser Duals

I am waiting on tax return money,so I have a little bit of time. I have heard conflicting responses and opinions regarding the Dresser Duals. I have the V&H oval slip on's and was wanting to stay all V&H. I have heard that there are losses of power at the low end. I have also heard that I will lose a lot of the heat build up from the cross over pipe. I was told that the sound level gets a little louder or better (however you take the nosie). Some people have reported that the loss is very minimal and well worth the Duals.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 03-06-2007 | 01:18 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: V&H Dresser Duals

Everthing you said is true and you have heard correctly...exactly the same thingsI heard and read posted about the Dressor Duels myself.The choice is yours if you want to install them on your bike. The V&H teck told me when I called and asked about the Duels that there was a small loss in the Low & Mid with a gain at the topwith theDressor Duel set up over the stock head pipe with the cross over but it was minimal. I have heard some say they could tell the diffrence and some say they could not. I do not personally know as I only installed the V&H Oval mufflers and kept the stock head pipe on my 07 Road King Classic.

Good Luck,
Bill G

Old 03-06-2007 | 09:05 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,246 Likes on 1,852 Posts

I have the duals and am happy. I didn't notice any loss, and yes they appear to get louder as time goes by [8D] All is good for me.

Old 03-06-2007 | 10:14 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Losing the heat from the crossover is a definate plus. As far as the power thing, I think what matters is what's hanging on the back. I went from stock head pipes with SE II's to the Dresser Duals using the same slip-ons. I didn't notice any power loss at all on the butt dyno. Then I put on a set of Wild Pigs with 2" baffles. It absolutely killed my low end power, I could tell a big difference before I got out of second gear on my first ride with the Wild Pigs. I added a lollipop baffle and that helped some. But after about 2 months I put the SE II's back on and the power is back. Anyone want some Wild Pigs?

As far as fit and finish, I'll give V&H good marks, they're good looking pipes.

Old 03-06-2007 | 11:06 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

Like most said I think it depends on the mufflers you choose to install. I have the Big Shot true duals, no mufflers just internal baffles and there may be a bit of torque loss at low to mid RPMs but its minimal at least how I ride. My bike still has enough torque at low and mid to slam me back against my rider backrest when I take off, so that is plenty for me. Like I've said before if power and speed were an issue for me I wouldn't have bought an HD touring bike I would have went with a Hyabusa.

Old 03-07-2007 | 09:04 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the V&H true dual headers and kept the SE slipons that I already had on my 05 RKC. Not sure the slipons I have are still available.
No noticable power difference and there is a noticable loss of heat from losing the crossover pipe.
Easy install of the V&H headers (remember to get new exhaust gaskets).
Headers can be had for under $300 if you shop. The V&H sliponsshould not be too loud for you.
True duals are a nice add , especially for what you are looking for.

Old 03-11-2007 | 05:35 AM
skydartt
2nd Gear

I have run the dresser duals on my bike and they look great. I am swtthching to a set of pipes this weekwith o2 bungs as I am going closed loop. I will be selling the duals .

Old 03-11-2007 | 06:36 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

I have the V&H true duals & run the Supertrapp 4inch disc with the slash cut ends.Gobs of low & mid range tq & tunable.I am suprised that more people don't use the disc set up.White Bros had the market cornered,lots of people ran them.Then they quit making their (E series elliptical 2:1 & slip ons) Harley parts.Supertrapp was first & their quality is a benchmark.Chromed stainless steel,of course they are roundenstead of oval.Regards,Tom

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:11 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is the sound difference between stock pipesand the V&H true duals with the same muffler? I have the ovals on my stock pipes and am considering going the duals, hoping for an increase in sound quality and volume.

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:58 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,246 Likes on 1,852 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBBOOKS

What is the sound difference between stock pipesand the V&H true duals with the same muffler? I have the ovals on my stock pipes and am considering going the duals, hoping for an increase in sound quality and volume.
You will get an increase in sound and volume. It is cool because it evens out the sound as you will now be able to hear it on the left side of the scoot as well

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals