Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Want to change exhaust. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 PM
gjcusa
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Want to change exhaust. Suggestions?

Hey guys right now I'm running a supertrapp phantom exhaust. On a 13 street glide. Did stage 1 se heavy breather. And andrews 57h cams. 103 motor. Dyno wasn't that great with exhaust. I know i shouldn't chase numbers but looking to change exhaust. I was looking into bassani 2-1. Anyone have experience with them performance wise. I want a nice mean sounding exhaust but want the performance and don't want to lose out on the looks end. I also would like toe pseudo pipe to have the dual look. Bassani has a few different versions. Not sure the difference between their 747,757,767 ?
Thanks in advance. Opinions Much appreciate

Last edited by gjcusa; 08-30-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Bassini makes good pipes, D&D makes a good 2-1 as well that has a phantom pipe. I'd also check out Dragos Dragula pipe, not sure if he has a phantom for it or not though.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
gjcusa
Cruiser

I posted in general touring section about my dyno numbers. I know it's my exhaust that's hurting me in the hp area. Buddy has same mods with sinister up yours exhaust and almost pulling 20 more hp. Didn't want to take away from custom look of bike but would like some more performance than looks at this point

Old 08-31-2013, 12:43 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by gjcusa
I posted in general touring section about my dyno numbers. I know it's my exhaust that's hurting me in the hp area. Buddy has same mods with sinister up yours exhaust and almost pulling 20 more hp. Didn't want to take away from custom look of bike but would like some more performance than looks at this point
I remember your other post, I think it's your tune hurting you more than your pipes. I say if you like the pipes keep um and get a better tune.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:54 AM
gjcusa
Cruiser

Yes and I remember u replying and thank u. Been speaking to some mechanics that have some experience with my exhaust and said that is very restricting. I dunno. I like the look of it but not if its a step above stock esp with the air cleaner and cams. I dunno anymore lol

Old 08-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

is this the exhaust you're running? I remember seeing a dyno chart that made some decent numbers with one of these, I'll dig around to see if I can find it. What kind of baffle does it have in it? If it's to restrictive I imagine it's not a open baffle but one with a closed end, might be able to drill some holes in it to get it to flow better, probably not with that curved end but who knows. It's a damn good looking pipe and I know how bad it sucks to drop that much cash just to turn it around and do it again.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:37 AM
gjcusa
Cruiser

That's the pipe. Not sure on the baffle. I'm actually looking into the d and d fatcat 2-1. With a ghost pipe. Hear they are great sounding and look good imo over the bassani .plus great performing. Still researching

Last edited by gjcusa; 08-31-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:14 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

If ya want to have the dual look why not go to a dual exhaust. VH/FM/Fullsack/Drago all make great performing X headers ya can put any slip-on ya want on. But I really think ya got a tune problem more than a pipe problem. My stock header dynoed @ 109tq 99hp with stock heads. cast 10-1 pistons and 54h cams.

Last edited by 0ldhippie; 08-31-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:03 PM
gjcusa
Cruiser

I hear ya old hippie. I did speak to some really experienced shops. Not dealers and was told that this pipe is not gonna put out the numbers I'm looking for or should be and that a real custom dyno wouldn't help it much. Unless I still need to break it in. Which I don't believe in to be honest. I'm a little of 500 miles. I understand that the bike still needs to losen up but i don't think it will make a dramatic increase. I thought that by switching to true duals doesn't perform as well as 2-1. Which Is why I was going for the d and d. I like the dual look so figured I would get the ghost pipe and have plans over winter to stretch the bags. What do u think?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 AM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gjcusa
I hear ya old hippie. I did speak to some really experienced shops. Not dealers and was told that this pipe is not gonna put out the numbers I'm looking for or should be and that a real custom dyno wouldn't help it much. Unless I still need to break it in. Which I don't believe in to be honest. I'm a little of 500 miles. I understand that the bike still needs to losen up but i don't think it will make a dramatic increase. I thought that by switching to true duals doesn't perform as well as 2-1. Which Is why I was going for the d and d. I like the dual look so figured I would get the ghost pipe and have plans over winter to stretch the bags. What do u think?
A 2-1-2 may be the way for you. It will give you nearly the performance of a 2-1 but the look of a dual. Lots of options there. Have fun!

Quick Reply: Want to change exhaust. Suggestions?