Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Fuel Issue on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:34 PM
jeffreyb919
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Issue on Street Glide

I have a 2007 Street Glide. It has an occasional fuel system issue. Sometimes the bike will not start even though I hear the fuel pump engage when I turn the switch on. I have to undo the quick disconnect fuel line coupler and reconnect it and the bike will usually start again. Sometimes I have to repeat this a few times to get it to start. The bike will occasionally die while running and then will not start. I have to disconnect the fuel line coupler and reconnect it to restart the bike again. Every time this problem happens there is fuel pressure in the line and the coupling. There are no fuel leaks. It does not matter what the fuel level is in the tank. The problem is intermittent and disappears for months at a time. The first time it happened was right after washing the bike. I have asked 3 different Harley dealers about this and they usually seemed puzzled by it. I need to get this fixed. Sunday it quit on the interstate which makes for a dangerous situation. Have any ideas?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:25 PM
jeffreyb919
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This issue was resolved by replacing the fuel coupler and fuel line. I highly recommend H&D Cycles in Lillian Alabama. They are highly knowledgable and do great work.