Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Michigan Tuner Anyone???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:22 PM
roadglide65
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Michigan Tuner Anyone???????????

For 6000.00 I would have walked also!!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: roadglide65

You might try this guy http://www.bishopsperformance.com/

Never used him but have seen good reviews about him.
Don't know if it's true or not but I've heard he doesn't tune motors he hasn't sold or built.

Rick

Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

My experience is quite different with Bishop's. Amy went out of her way to save me money on parts and I wasn't pressured by Bill or Amy to purchase anything. I also priced the work I'm getting there with several other performance shops and my local dealer and the work I'm getting is very competitively priced. If you want the performance numbers theyreport, they recommend certain components andeveryengine builder is differentand has their own opinion on what works.You just have to find a balance between $'s, personal prefs and perfomance. As far as the Thundermax goes, I've done some digging andspoken to several mechanics(one a national plate holder here in St Louis and one an engine builder who finishedthird in the Dyno national drags)about the Thundermax and have heardgood reports.If you know Zipper's at all then you know they are pretty hardcore about their engines and perfomance.I'm installing one and will let you know how it works.Good luck with your tune!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:14 PM
diffuser
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kishstl

My experience is quite different with Bishop's. Amy went out of her way to save me money on parts and I wasn't pressured by Bill or Amy to purchase anything. I also priced the work I'm getting there with several other performance shops and my local dealer and the work I'm getting is very competitively priced. If you want the performance numbers theyreport, they recommend certain components andeveryengine builder is differentand has their own opinion on what works.You just have to find a balance between $'s, personal prefs and perfomance. As far as the Thundermax goes, I've done some digging andspoken to several mechanics(one a national plate holder here in St Louis and one an engine builder who finishedthird in the Dyno national drags)about the Thundermax and have heardgood reports.If you know Zipper's at all then you know they are pretty hardcore about their engines and perfomance.I'm installing one and will let you know how it works.Good luck with your tune!

I agree.
Bishops did my build and in fact is still storing my bike for the winter. I haven't even riden it since the build.
When I told Bill what I wanted and my riding habits he suggested the same build I was going to have him do.
Instead of trying to talk me into buying more he actually told me what things I did not need, like a fueling oil pump, and adjustable push rods since it was a mild build.
He did mention that my pipes would not get me the most from the build (SEII's) but did not try to sell me other pipes, just made me aware that there were better ones out there.
I thought he was very honest and straight forward.
I am looking forward to getting my bike out of storage in the next month or so.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:51 PM
METALMANGLER76
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHRIS GOLDEN AT MOTOR CITY H-D IN FARMINGTON HILLS DOES SIDE WORK AND IS A TOP WRENCH