Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Rush Slip Ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM
BobbyM13
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Slip Ons

I have a 2013 Fat Boy Lo Anniversary Edition (and am loving it). Had the dealership install 2" baffle Rush Slip Ons. No other modifications. Bike runs well, but for some minor deceleration popping.

Seriously considering changing out the baffles to 2.25" or maybe even 2.5" to get a bit louder. A few questions:

1) Anyone tried to 2", 2.25" and/or 2.5" baffles that can give a comparison of whether or not you get much louder or not moving up in size? Is it worth it in sound to jump from 2" to 2.25".
2) I'm going to (and probably should have already) go with a Stage 1 Air kit and the race tuner so I can make sure the air/fuel is correct. Do I need to do the Dyno as well or is that overkill? The Dyno is pricy given how long the dealership has the bike on the machine to get it perfect. Was wondering if I should skip the Dyno, let them tune it and just see how it runs first?

As a side note, I'm happy to be an owner now and riding. I've waited way too long and am loving every mile. Thanks for the input folks.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to the rush website and it will give you sound bites of each baffle. I had the 2.25 baffle in my dyna and loved the sound...but slip ons aren't much for performance.

There are many choices for tuners and dyno or not. Kinda depends on what your plans are for your bike and how much you want to tinker around.

If you decide to have it dyno tuned, make sure you know the guy who tunes it. If he's good it's worth every penny, if not, it can be a complete waste. Most of the time the best tuners don't work at the dealership.

I went for a full exhaust, TTS tuner, and a dyno tune and to me it was worth every penny. I have no other plans to upgrade my motor and wanted my bike to run the best it was capable of. Some people will say that it is overkill...to me that is stupid talk.