Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Kuryakyn hypercharger issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013 | 03:25 PM
Danofxdx
Road Captain

The hyper charger butterfly on mine is operated by vacuum and does move, it is all show and I don't think it serves a puropse but it looks cool I did have the vacuum line come off and it did effect the way the bike ran because of the sensor in the intake, mine is carbed so it is a lot different. I have a replacment K&N setup that I will be installing soon but I need to go back to a CV carb first.

Old 04-07-2013 | 03:35 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Brandtwr
I realize that the butterflies aren't functional performance wise. But when the intake is functioning properly they are supposed to open and close when bike is running and the throttle is twisted. Look up a video on YouTube. There are guys showing off their hyperchargers on dynas and the butterflies open and close. I should mention that when my bike has been running awhile it gives me the most trouble starting up. It pretty much turns right over when it's cold.
Wonderful. The vacuum line draws the butterflies closed, not open when accelerating so that the ram effect doesn't lean out the motor.

Notice the big opening on the back of the hypercharger, ( facing the rear?) It's so all the excess air passing through the butterflies DOESN'T get to the motor.

Stop worrying about it and find out why your fuel injected motorcycle won't start easily. The Hypercharger doesn't have a thing to do with it.

Old 04-07-2013 | 07:09 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Wonderful. The vacuum line draws the butterflies closed, not open when accelerating so that the ram effect doesn't lean out the motor.

Notice the big opening on the back of the hypercharger, ( facing the rear?) It's so all the excess air passing through the butterflies DOESN'T get to the motor.

Stop worrying about it and find out why your fuel injected motorcycle won't start easily. The Hypercharger doesn't have a thing to do with it.
10/4 on that subject!!