Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Which EFI controler

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
uniondog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which EFI controler

The most important factors I look at when choosing parts

#1 Will I be able to get good performance from the part?

#2. What if I'm hundreds or thousands of miles from home and the damm thing fails, what parts
will I be able to replace fast or get serviced in a hurry?

Then I decide if the performance difference in the parts outweights the available service issue on the road.

there are some great EFI items out there and I really have an interest in the "Auto Tune" items but service on the road is a big issue for me

respect

UD

Old 02-08-2007, 11:34 PM
sims5
Cruiser

Revtech DFO with a plug in harness on ebay for $159.95 with shipping. Looks like a deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TECHL...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-09-2007, 12:46 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Allen at DTT has given me and many other his cell phone, and has overnighted items to me that I needed not due to a issue but a time crunch. I am sure you would not have a problem with that. Now getting Zippers to do that after hours is not going to happen. As well there system is made by thunder heart, Not them where is it made?? You guess is as good as mine. The DTT system is put together in FL and they have any parts you need if you ever need parts.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 AM
LAF
Intermediate
Default RE: Which EFI controller

You can continue to try and mind bump your stock ECM or you can buy a unit that gives you COMPLETE CONTROL of your ENTIRE EFI system, the DTT-TCFI II and soon to be a III I think.

Been running one for about 2 years now. Both on a stock Delphi anda BC duel 50mm. It is just plain sweet and there is NOTHING on the market other then the private label DTT makes for others, that can touch it.

It depends a lot on your skill set and future mod plans though.

If you are mod addicted it is the only way to go. Been through Stage 1,a 95 with V&H duels and TW6-HG cam, to a 98", 585/615 cams, Fat Cat,and NEVER been on a dyno. WHY? No need. I see and correct ALL aspects of my EFI with my laptop and log files.

Not a knock on other units, but NONE can come close to control and function of EFI on a motorcycle then the DTT TCFI in any flavor, I, II, or III.

So a PC is 300 and a dyno 300-350 you got 600 in and for 200 more NEVER have to worry with it and have the ability to swap ANYTHING, and compensate and auto tune for it.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I did email him, and he got right back to me with his tel number. I have not got a chance to call him yet but I will. Thanks Nick

Old 02-17-2007, 01:29 PM
MDodson
Road Master

I did not see anything close to the 179.00 range. That was a tuner