Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Are higher flow injectors needed with my build?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012 | 01:57 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dan conner
so you want to post and advertise your business, but do not want to share? i do not even change my own oil and have no interest in doing any kink of performance upgrades to my bike. there are many others on here that are mechanically inclined and belong to this forum for technical questions.
you throw out a tid bit that interests some people and then don't want to go into detail...very poor way of doing business. as someone in the "know", you should be happy to help others. it is not going to hurt your business and may in fact make people think better of you. merry christmas.
Being that he is getting that info from another shop he may not be at liberty to post it publicly but would send it in a pm. Scott does get business from these boards but anyone who reads them will attest to the wealth of free advice he posts on a weekly basis.

Old 12-03-2012 | 04:37 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
We share a TREMENDOUS amount of inside information, covering a very vast spectrum on this message board, and on other message boards also.
Very happy to alert folks, to aid with problems and preventive measures, in order to help steer them in the right direction, to save money, time, and frustration, so they can enjoy their motorcycle(s).
The individual prodding us has an agenda, and the typed words cannot even begin to touch on this ongoing, persistant issue, that the moderators, and owners of this site, along with other moderators on other boards, are fully aware of.
Only trying to defuse a pontential fracas.
More than happy to share this with you.........via pm.
Happy Holidays to you as well.
Scott
There is no "persistent issue" as you put it, I simply asked for an explanation as to your claim of the injectors being adjusted by your tuner, so don't let your inability to answer the question turn into something personal with me. You put it out there on the open forum so where is the harm in answering it in an open forum. No need for a "fracus" as you put it. just a simple answer to a claim you made on this board. Nothing more, nothing less. The words "an outfit that checks/test/adjusts actual output" (your words) are not acceptable as technical information. This machine must have a name/model does it not? Please share with the group.

Old 12-04-2012 | 07:20 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

4.9 g/s injectors = 38.89 lbs per hour.
The 4.9 will handle up to 145 hp at 80-90% duty at a .50lbs BSFC
So unless you plan on making more than that. The 4.9 injectors could be a little over kill.
You will have to play with start tables and down low tuning more.
Other than that>>>>>they will work just will pull more fuel away.

A set of 4.2 g/s will handle 130hp up to 80-90% duty.

Originally Posted by twism_23
I am putting in my SE 103" BB kit, SE CNC heads, HPI 48mm throttle body and Andrews 57h cams on my Fatboy here as soon as the throttle body arrives. I am curious as to whether it makes sense to upgrade my injectors now or if I should just use the stock ones. I was looking at upgrading to #27654-06 the injectors from the SE 50mm throttle body but if its not necessary for the build, I'll just save the money. If it will help get the engine the correct amount of fuel needed, I'll do it.
Thx in advance.

Old 12-07-2012 | 07:19 PM
Indy Road Dog
Cruiser

What size are the stock injectors in a 2010 96"

Old 12-18-2012 | 08:56 PM
twism_23
|
Tourer

Thanks for the answers! Greatly appreciated.

Old 12-19-2012 | 10:57 AM
hdbike1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Indy Road Dog
What size are the stock injectors in a 2010 96"
Long time reader of the forums but never posted before.

For a 2010 road Glide 96 the injectors are 4.35 g/s

As for BVbob he chases people around on various forums, HillsideCycles is trying to take the high road here but BVBOB and the other forum names he uses is just acting like he does everywhere else.

Old 12-19-2012 | 06:18 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hdbike1
Long time reader of the forums but never posted before.

For a 2010 road Glide 96 the injectors are 4.35 g/s

As for BVbob he chases people around on various forums, HillsideCycles is trying to take the high road here but BVBOB and the other forum names he uses is just acting like he does everywhere else.
I will take that for what it's worth from someone with 3 posts, absolutely nothing. They have never taken the high road with me, long history PM me for details. So how is what you posted here different from what you claim I do?

Last edited by BVBOB; 12-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2012 | 07:31 PM
hdbike1
2nd Gear

Take it anyway you like, I think everyone needs to see how you really are. All anyone needs to do is go read the other HD sites to see it for themselves. Just look for the various user names of bvhog or bvbob and all the BS that surrounds them. Its truely pretty sad.

Hillside not wanting to engage you is the only way to stop you and IMHO that's taking the high road.

Old 12-19-2012 | 10:18 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hdbike1
Take it anyway you like, I think everyone needs to see how you really are. All anyone needs to do is go read the other HD sites to see it for themselves. Just look for the various user names of bvhog or bvbob and all the BS that surrounds them. Its truely pretty sad.

Hillside not wanting to engage you is the only way to stop you and IMHO that's taking the high road.
You guys are too much, not taking the bait, no way no how. Nice try though. Just remember, with this IP address stuff it's really easy to see through.

Old 12-21-2012 | 08:29 AM
hdbike1
2nd Gear

No bait just letting people know that you are a MC shop owner chasing other shops behind your various screen names. All anyone needs to do is open there eyes and look around the internet to figure out your stunts and what your doing

Quick Reply: Are higher flow injectors needed with my build?