Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

more restrictive slip ons after a dyno tuni

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default more restrictive slip ons after a dyno tuni

I have rinehart slipons on my 09 stock headers...tuned with supertuner...now, I hate the rineharts and want to go back to my quieter SE slipons...do I need to have it retuned or is it just gonna run a little richer? thanks for any imput....bob

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

How does it feel now Bob? I had my bike tuned with the TTS and Jackpots were on it when tuned. Like your opinions on the rineharts I too felt they were far too loud and also tinny. Bought some Fatshotz and immediately noticed a power drop. I couldn't stand fiddling with removing or installing more baffles etc. I found out where the bike seemed to work "better", and then took it back to the dyno tuner fellow and the AFR, hp, and tq results were mind boggling with just a muffler change. So how does it feel, if it feels alright you're probably OK, mine didn't and still doesn't.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:29 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
How does it feel now Bob? I had my bike tuned with the TTS and Jackpots were on it when tuned. Like your opinions on the rineharts I too felt they were far too loud and also tinny. Bought some Fatshotz and immediately noticed a power drop. I couldn't stand fiddling with removing or installing more baffles etc. I found out where the bike seemed to work "better", and then took it back to the dyno tuner fellow and the AFR, hp, and tq results were mind boggling with just a muffler change. So how does it feel, if it feels alright you're probably OK, mine didn't and still doesn't.
I have not made the change yet...I guess I will give it a try and see how she runs...If it feels ok, I'll stay with it...I just hate to spend a ton of money on a retune if not needed