Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

RB Racing Black Hole 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB Racing Black Hole 2-1

o7ultrachuck

thepipes are loud when i ride without ear plugs .

but most if not all of my riding is with ear plugs on.
so,here,i have no real problem because the plugs help to focus the competing noises from the exhaust/wind,buffeting at times and engine .and with ear plugs the radio is easy to hear and to separate . without ear plugs it is all a mish mash.

to better explain it -think of a dish with mash potatoes or rice ,then on the side you have meat,beans,vegetables ............o.k. you can taste each separately.

now, mix it all together with the rice or potatoes and taste it ,it is a mish mash of taste .this is what my riding experience is like without the ear plugs and the black hole exhaust.

without the black hole i do not have this problem ,

so ,one, noise is a problem.

two ,i have vibrations galore at various rpm's .maybe the black hole ? maybe not ?but they entered when the black hole was installed.

performance is third.................there has been no advantage whatsoever.if you look at the graph,or you can read my post under the touring section, the stock pipes and black hole have equal performance all the way from idle thru 4,200 rpm's.................therefore at a cost of close to $2,000 nothing was gained and much was lost.

if i could see a major hp or torque number as a result of the pipe then ,no complains , but zilch,nothing ,unless i take the rpm's past 5,000 and only then thru 6,200 .

i would have preferred a major performance increase below 4,000 rpm's

so, a total waste of money that has as a side effect made the riding of the bike a major headache .

i am analysing other solutions at this time becasue rb replied telling me that they will not take it back.