Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

RB Racing Black Hole 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB Racing Black Hole 2-1

yes ,i said that i have them on the production list for ship in 4 or so weeks .but have not been asked for my credit card as yet .

and ,if they are loud i will not use them...................

i may post and sell them ,
or send them back ,or whatever...........

but i do not like loud.loud does not make it fast.....only loud.

on a track o.k. but on the street and riding 8 or 10 hour days ,it gets to be tiresome.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
drdave
Cruiser

when i ordered my lsr 2-1's from them, i was also told about 4-6 weeks for delivery. I did not call them for quite a while because i was not in a rush and took them at their word. i did call them after about 8 weeks just to check on the status and was told they were getting close to having them. after another month, i called again and told they were made, but at the chromers to be chromed and would be about another week. about 2 weeks later, they called to confirm the final charge being made to my credit card and shipment was made. I was well pleased with the exhaust - but it often takes longer to get them than what you are originally told. I have heard several say that if they call regularly, they will beeventually told that they are off getting chromed and usually you get them shortly thereafter. i wonder if you just have to remind them to keep your exhausts moving along in production and the "chroming" bit is their convenient response when reminded, as long as you don't seem to be complaining.

they will not take the pipes back if they are too loud because they are made individually upon request. i asked about changing mine from the 1 3/4" primary diameter to a 2" primary diameter pipes at the time of shipment because i had built a larger motor -and was told they would make a 2" set if i ordered one, but they in no way offered to keep the original 1 3/4 system or refund even a part of the price. I was basically told they were made to order and they did not have another request for the same pipe at that time, so they were mine.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
ffb
Tourer

dave ,

how about the decibel level on your pipes .are they loud

how do they compare to stock

to slip ons

to other 2 into 1 the same ?

my only experince has been with v & h and today i heard a kerker pipe -loud.,LOUD ..

Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

I have been told by others to stay away from RB Racing due to very poor customer service and broken promises. I hope you guys have better luck.

In case anyone is interested, I just posted a brand new black Bassani Road Rage for sale. It will fit '99 to '06 touring bikes. Never been installed. PM if you have any questions.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:50 PM
ffb
Tourer

bigsized

i am not too concerned about service .but i am about the quality of the pipes and the sound levels .

i hope that they do deliver on these two as per the promises made on their web site.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
NitroBerserker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: drdave

when i ordered my lsr 2-1's from them, i was also told about 4-6 weeks for delivery. I did not call them for quite a while because i was not in a rush and took them at their word. i did call them after about 8 weeks just to check on the status and was told they were getting close to having them. after another month, i called again and told they were made, but at the chromers to be chromed and would be about another week. about 2 weeks later, they called to confirm the final charge being made to my credit card and shipment was made. I was well pleased with the exhaust - but it often takes longer to get them than what you are originally told. I have heard several say that if they call regularly, they will beeventually told that they are off getting chromed and usually you get them shortly thereafter. i wonder if you just have to remind them to keep your exhausts moving along in production and the "chroming" bit is their convenient response when reminded, as long as you don't seem to be complaining.
Well I was told 3-4 weeks but didn't really believe it. anywayI called after 4 weeks and GUESS WHAT? They said the pipes areat the chrome shop

I guess that is good news.

I think I will call back in about two weeks if I don't hear anything.

BTW they haven't charged my card yet.

Moving along.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 PM
ffb
Tourer

nitro,

i called 3 weeks ago and was told pipes at chrome shop.
called 2 weeks and was told that pipes ready but ,she had to go pick them up but no time to do so.

called last week 2 times and was given the same no time reply .................

called last friday and got same reply

today is tuesday and i will not call again ........

if they come in fine ,if not ,i will get something else before 3/1

ffb

Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
NitroBerserker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well maybeI will get lucky and they will pick-up my pipes when they get yours

Keep callin'

Nitro

Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 PM
drdave
Cruiser

my advice is not to call too often - seems like that does nothing to speed up matters (probably does the opposite). apparently they make up sets (groups)of the exhausts and when they get enough made -send them out in batches to the chromers, or for ceramics, etc - and your waiting time depends on where they are at in the cycle.

i called last week to inquire about ordering a set of black ceramic lsr 2-1 black holes and was told they were sending some off in the next few days to be ceramic'd (is that a word) - so it would be at least another 8 weeks before my order would be made and sent with the next batch going out to the ceramic coating facility (it was too late to get a set made to go with the batch going out) and then add on the time for the ceramic coating and them going to get them - you get the idea. if i had called a week or two earlier, theymight have been prepared in time to get to the ceramic coating facility and the wait time would be fairly short.

luckily, some one had wrecked their bike and was not wanting to take delivery of a set of black ceramics that had just come up for shipment - i purchased them that day, they were shipped out two days later, and i got them 3 days after that. my total time was about a week including the weekend - i was impressed. they were very cordial and helpful when i called, even before i was told about the set available, but i had already reminded them i had bought a previous set last fall for my other bike.

i like their exhaust system. it is worth the wait for me, but if you want a quick turnaround and don't plan ahead of time for a time delay, you will be frustrated to say the least. they have never charged my credit card until they have contacted me by phone to confirm shipment was ready.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:03 AM
07ultrachuck
Novice

Dr Dave have you got them yet and if so are they as quiet as they say, How do they compare to stock as far as noise levels?

Please keep us posted im very interested I really like the looks of them

Quick Reply: RB Racing Black Hole 2-1