Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Supertrapp SE series slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
twin88cam
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Supertrapp SE series slip-ons

Has anyone used or does anyone have any information on the Supertrapp SE series mufflers? Have read they are similar to the older HD SE mufflers. What about the sound, or tone not neccessarily the loudness. Found them on Fuel moto web site, and I am interested in them.

Thanks.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:21 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supertrapp SE series slip-ons

Supposedly the old SE model 65115-98B was made for HD by SuperTrapp and is still available today as the SuperTrapp SE Series. Incidentally, the older style SE’s are still available through the online mass outlets such as Chicago HD.

Gregg

Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm so torn on what to do with my '07, but I'm interested in the SuperTrapp SE's as well.

BUMP back to the top so other peeps can chime in.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:37 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

No one uses the Supertrapp SE"s?[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM
YoAdrieen
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a set on over the weekend. It will be a while before I can take them on the road due to a little thing called snow and ice, but they sound real good in my garage!!!

Just for reference, I've had stock, the one piece slipons from the moco, samson rolled thunders, and sampson fishtail drags that I put a baffle in the header end to knock down the sound. From what I hear, I think I may like these the best. Those are not them in the picture BTW.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got them. Very quiet, little louder than stock. Performance wise???????? I could not tell any differance.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rmarion

I've got them. Very quiet, little louder than stock. Performance wise???????? I could not tell any differance.
I see you have a SERT, A/C, and these SuperTrapp SE's.(actually your sig states you have the SE's, same muff from what I've been reading)

Just for clarification, you say you cannot tell a difference............meaning with your current setup vs. a stock one or are you speaking strictly about the performance of the muffler itself.

Reason for asking is I am thinking of an SERT, A/C and these muffs or the older SE's(same muffler) for my '07, but if there is no difference in performance, I'm sticking with stock.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:34 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

ORIGINAL: rmarion

I see you have a SERT, A/C, and these SuperTrapp SE's.(actually your sig states you have the SE's, same muff from what I've been reading)

Just for clarification, you say you cannot tell a difference............meaning with your current setup vs. a stock one or are you speaking strictly about the performance of the muffler itself.

Reason for asking is I am thinking of an SERT, A/C and these muffs or the older SE's(same muffler) for my '07, but if there is no difference in performance, I'm sticking with stock.
I installed the SE II's after my SERT & AC was installed. The SERT & AC set up, I could feel the improvement. Then I installed the SEII slip-ons and could not feel that much of an improvement.
The sound level and power improvement was not noticeable.
I have ordered RB Racing Blackhole 2:1. I sure hope to feel the improvement with these new exhaust.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

I have ordered RB Racing Blackhole 2:1. I sure hope to feel the improvement with these new exhaust.
I e-mailed these guys yesterday morning for some LSR Nitro Duals from RB Racing. They e-mailed my back saying they do not make them anymore and offered me the 2:1's like you are getting. Nice pipes but I'm old and like mydual look. Letme know how you like them though as they looklike they are gonna besweet!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 AM
daconiam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the baffles be changed out to different sizes?

Quick Reply: Supertrapp SE series slip-ons