Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

ACR Troubleshooting Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:30 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I just looked at the sheet and it refers to pin 19 not 15 but this is the sheet I just read so I don't know if it is applicable to you or not. http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04441.pdfMaybe I am reading it incorrectly?
Thanks qtrracer. I was working off of -J04210 instruction sheet for Kit # 70623-06, which shows pin 15. My first call tomorrow morning will be to Zippers. I sure wish I had a basic description of how the system is supposed to work. For instance, is the solenoid normally open or closed? Under what conditions does pin 15 on the ECM go from open to ground? Under what conditions does the system relay cause the ACRs to have +12V?

Old 05-13-2012, 05:08 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I used the -08 kit so I have the 04441 instructions. Is it possible that the enabling feature is now routed to cavity 19 due to some engineering reason and zippers is following hd's lead on this? I guess you will find out when you call zippers. Good luck, I'm sure you will figure it all out.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:16 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Here is a tech tip from HD that has some of the info you were looking for https://www.box.com/shared/ylloapgfue

Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never finished hooking mine up last year. I do plan on getting mine running this year and with out the help of HD and their parts and reprograming of the ECU.

Here is a timer that I will use http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=107
I'm going to wire the timer into the starter relay with a relay switch controlling the ACR solenoids

qtrracer: thx for the link. I now know how much time to run now.

This should work. Just so you know I have wired the ACR's into the starter relay and the bike wont start. if your thinking about trying that route.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:28 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master

Here is a tech tip from HD that has some of the info you were looking for https://www.box.com/shared/ylloapgfue
Very helpful, thanks qtrracer. Yeah, I think the problem is with the T-Max not sending pin 15 to ground. Pin 19 on the Dyna, by the way, goes from the ECM to one of the injectors according to the wiring diagram in the shop manual.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
Very helpful, thanks qtrracer. Yeah, I think the problem is with the T-Max not sending pin 15 to ground. Pin 19 on the Dyna, by the way, goes from the ECM to one of the injectors according to the wiring diagram in the shop manual.
My bike is an 08 dbw tourer so that is why I used the -08 kit and corresponding 0441 instruction sheet. I didn't know if you are dbw or not. I am sure that is the diff between 1 set of instructions in the -08 kit and the other set of instructions in the -06 kit for the cable operated throttle body equipped models.

Last edited by qtrracer; 05-13-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mastertune Question

When plugged into a Screaming Eagle Pro Race Tuner there is a window that has a box that asks the operator to "enable automatic compression releases?" and there is a box that is default checked to no, you have to check yes. My guess is on a T-Max you will have to plug it into your computer just like you were going to do some tuning and find the area/window that has the "enable automatic compression releases?" and enable them. Other wise just wiring them in as per instructions only gets them ready to be enabled.
This is the closest thread to my question: does the TTS Mastertune tuner have the same feature to enable the ACR that the SE Pro Tuner has? The dealer near me uses the Mastertune device, so I plan on getting one soon. I'm adding ACR heads with porting work from Hillside Cycle to my 96" to 103" conversion and have the ACRs and the overlay harness yet to install. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master

Originally Posted by Shawrco
This is the closest thread to my question: does the TTS Mastertune tuner have the same feature to enable the ACR that the SE Pro Tuner has? The dealer near me uses the Mastertune device, so I plan on getting one soon. I'm adding ACR heads with porting work from Hillside Cycle to my 96" to 103" conversion and have the ACRs and the overlay harness yet to install. Thanks in advance.
Yes, it does

Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome, thanks Harley Jeff

Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM
citypol86
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Option?

Just installed the Stage IV kit from my wrecked (deer at 100+) '08 FLTR into my new-to-me '08 FLTR. ACRs aren't working. Have any of you guys thought of grounding the V/GY wire from pin 15 or 19, as the case may be, by switch? Is this too simplistic? Is this a stupid option? Any ideas?

Quick Reply: ACR Troubleshooting Info