Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Can I Swap My S&S 625s for TW 777s

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker65
It wouldn't hurt to get away from the V&H pipe either. To quote Doc (in Fla), "Door stops and gerbil tunnels!"

Good luck...
Pro Pipe 2:1 isn't a door stop... not the best 2:1, but by far not the worst either and far superior to most 2:2. I suspect the quote is more directed towards the V&H 2:2 pipes?

OP - If your builder isn't responding, as mentioned it is likely time to find another. It doesn't seem like they took you to where you wanted to go, for one reason or another, so it may be a good thing if you're bound and determined to get yourself to that happy place.

You're now at that point that the experts always warn about... a whole lot of extra dollars for just a few extra ponies' gain. To truly do it right you are going to need a true expert, such as Scott, with real-world performance experience, to guide you to the best solution for your expectations.

Else you can keep throwing money at it trying every cockamamie suggestion thrown to you on the 'net and see if one of 'em sticks.

JMHO of course.

Roger

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker65
Until then, it wouldn't hurt to get away from the V&H pipe either. To quote Doc (in Fla), "Door stops and gerbil tunnels!"Good luck...
The Propipe is not the best 2:1 on the market but, for the price, probably the "best value" 2:1 available. There are a couple of simple mods that will enhance the performance of the pipe and make it more "tunable".

Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 PM
HDCrossbones09
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Joker- your right actually I never though about resale on my old parts my stock TB and injectors gotta be worth something. So I probably would be shy of 1000 plus if I change cams I could sell my old cams also. I will probably keep doing research and hopefully find a fix. Although for some reason tonight it is about 55 degrees and my bike feels like it gained 20hp...LOL... only thing I've changed is running 108 octane boost. I think its the hard tires spinning making it feel fast. Maybe ill call Hillside and get some ideas. On another note my builder did call..... while...drum roll..... I was on the bike and never heard it.
So maybe I can get all the
specs then call Scott. Ill keep you posted.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCrossbones09
Joker- your right actually I never though about resale on my old parts my stock TB and injectors gotta be worth something. So I probably would be shy of 1000 plus if I change cams I could sell my old cams also. I will probably keep doing research and hopefully find a fix. Although for some reason tonight it is about 55 degrees and my bike feels like it gained 20hp...LOL... only thing I've changed is running 108 octane boost. I think its the hard tires spinning making it feel fast.

Maybe ill call Hillside and get some ideas.

On another note my builder did call..... while...drum roll..... I was on the bike and never heard it.
So maybe I can get all the
specs then call Scott. Ill keep you posted.

Sounds like a good plan!!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
dbrown5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean that 07 softail hasnt been out ran yet.... only by you!