Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Where did my needle bearings go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:42 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Where did my needle bearings go?

ORIGINAL: RudeDog

Well guys, I got a little over 2,000 miles on her then I had an unfortunate event and crashed the bike. The damage was so extensive that I let the insurance co. (Progressive) take her away.
I'm happy with the responses I received here, there seems to be knowlegeable people hanging out around these parts.

I managed to pick up a salvage '98 FXDS with minimal damage (about $300 worth) from Crashedtoys in Minnesota. I would recommend that place to anybody looking for a cheap bike. They have detailed discriptions and do thorough inspections before aucting them off so you know exactly what you're getting.

Man, sorry to here about your crash, but it sounds like your doing ok.
Good luck..

Old 01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Where did my needle bearings go?

Thanks for the reply RoadKing. I'm doing better each day with a little help from the therapists at the hospital. The accident was in mid October and I'll be back to work mid February, not bad turnaround time considering I'm lucky to even be around after that one.

The new bike is GREAT! I picked up a '98 FXDS Conv. almost all stock that I can tell without tearing the engine down except for SE exhaust and mini apes. It needs a stator and coil and it'll be off and running. I suspected the coil when I read it would turn over but not fire, when I got it home I had a friend with an extra coil, he brought it over and the bike started right up.

I should mention that when people buy salvage title bikes the salvage title stays with the bike no matter what you do to it and the insurance companies only give a percentage of it's blue book value if it's wrecked. Progressive told me 30% less for mine and minimum of 50% less for newer ('01-'06) bikes. So be prepared to ride it for a long time because chances are you'll have a hard time with resale also. Just a heads-up.