Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Competition Hillside 98" Build vs. Fuel Moto 98" Build - Dyno Maps Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:50 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,575 Posts

I believe Crazy was referring to my last post when he suggested

Originally Posted by Crazy
Some guys need to chill out and let other people enjoy this web site if they like the topics or not...
Apparently he believes that expressing an opinion and providing logic to support that opinion is tantamount to

Originally Posted by Crazy
power tripping and telling people what to do.
I don't believe the OP had bad intentions behind the OP. Just saying that there is a better way to check out other builds and the results than pitting two forum sponsors against one another; bad juju, but WTFDIK; JMHO.

Maybe, I am a dick too.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 820 Likes on 585 Posts

I KNOW, the OP, DID NOT have malicious intent whatsoever.
He is a great guy.
Also when he called our shop, the other day, alerting us to the arrival of his engine kit, we talked about the great relationship that FuelMotoUSA, and Hillside Motorcycle & Machine, share.
Happy New Year.
Scott

Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,678 Likes on 3,118 Posts

I'll be looking at my top end someday and will look at 98" kits with my old 95" cylinders.

But what I'll look at is where the torque comes in and not who puts out the most HP.( HP is a given.)

I'll look for 'ride-ability', ie not having to constantly grab a gear to keep in the powerband while touring.

Some will look at it as a competition. I would be looking at exhaust choices and what they do to the various kits numbers.

I'll read it for what it's worth...

Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,808 Likes on 628 Posts

Many get caught up in the peak numbers ,and as was pointed out those numbers will change on every dyno and weather conditions. To me the graph itself shows how and where the torque comes in and how long it holds it, the numbers may be different but I have had my bike on 2 dynos and the chart is the same ...different values but comes on same place.

That being said if you convey to whoever is helping with build what you want you'll be happy. Obviously the same engine can be built for different purposes and riding preferences so peak hp and tq would be different on same size engine no matter who built it .

Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy New Year to you and your shop as well Scott! May the new year bring you lot's of prosperity.

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
I KNOW, the OP, DID NOT have malicious intent whatsoever.
He is a great guy.
Also when he called our shop, the other day, alerting us to the arrival of his engine kit, we talked about the great relationship that FuelMotoUSA, and Hillside Motorcycle & Machine, share.
Happy New Year.
Scott

Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And a Happy New Year to RKG as well...

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; 01-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are endless questions from people requesting dyno sheets for various builds so I think the idea of adding a "dyno forum" might be a good idea. Not for "competing" against one another or among different shops, but just to give people information in a central location. There is a forum for everything else under the sun, why not this?

Would it be Terry that has to approve this? Or can a MOD do it?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 820 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Happy New Year to you and your shop as well Scott! May the new year bring you lot's of prosperity.
And you as well, at you business!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanw
There are endless questions from people requesting dyno sheets for various builds so I think the idea of adding a "dyno forum" might be a good idea. Not for "competing" against one another or among different shops, but just to give people information in a central location. There is a forum for everything else under the sun, why not this?

Would it be Terry that has to approve this? Or can a MOD do it?
That's what I have been talking about. Just need a dyno sheet and all the build details; would be very informative for the forum.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts

I see little merit in the suggestion, although it has so far failed to get a single dyno sheet!

I disagree about different dynos giving different numbers. If each was correctly calibrated and the data extracted done to a uniform standard, such as SAE or DIN, comparisons will be valid. That is the whole purpose of establishing universal standards. It is possible to dyno the same bike in California mid summer and again in Colorado mid winter and get similar figures.

Quick Reply: Competition Hillside 98" Build vs. Fuel Moto 98" Build - Dyno Maps Please