Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Truth about tru-duals vs factory headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default RE: Truth about tru-duals vs factory headers

Good point, now fer the question. Who are the big players that make NON compliant slip ons ? Aside from the older SE's ....

Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
King Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I installed true duals with my slip-ons, I noticed and felt more power and torque. I don't have numbers to back up what I feel but it's there. Defineatly a better ride with great sound. [sm=signs007.gif]

Old 01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I
ORIGINAL: King Rider

When I installed true duals with my slip-ons, I noticed and felt more power and torque. I don't have numbers to back up what I feel but it's there. Defineatly a better ride with great sound. [sm=signs007.gif]
Iwas considering the Vance & Hines true duelsalong with theVance & Hines oval mufflerswhen we purchase our new Road King Classic. I talked with a Vance & Hines teck and was supprised what he had to say. He said to buy the true duels if I liked the looks and wanted to do away with the cross overand keep the heat away from the right side by your leg. He also said the ovals produced the most HP out of there muffler line, he also said that the true duels drop your torque andHP down over the factory header with the cross over on there dyno runsno matter witch muffler they used along with the true duel set up. ( It was not a super drastic drop he said but it was less torque and HP due to the cross over being removed from the exaust system)

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Bill. What did you end up with?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I plan on installing the Vance & Hines ovals keeping the stock head pipe & cross over for now. I will upgrade the A/C and intall the V&HFuel Pack or PC III for fuel management. I plan on leaving the motor stock so more than likely I will go with the V&HFule Pack maped for the ovals. I know the PC III is more adjustable map wise for diffrent exaust systemsother than Vance & Hines,but I like the clean mounting system that comes with the V&H Fuel Pack. I alsohave read several post were people like the V&H Fuel Pack with the stock head pipes and oval muffler combination on the 07 touring model Harleys.

Take care,
Bill G

Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow! I had Eastern Performance on the phone today about to buy some Rinehart True Duals but decided to do a little more homework.

We need some more responses from tuners on this subject.

I want the ultimate setup and don't mind paying for it, but I do want the BEST combo for my '07 Ultra.

Any suggestions? .........and I'll continue to follow this thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:08 AM
fatboylust
Road Captain

Here is one analysis, which may help: http://www.americanrider.com/output.cfm?id=1021987

FBL

Old 01-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Bill. I am going to take some time and do some more research before I just jump into anything. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get the bike and then I'll need to put some break in time on it.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
zeeb
6th Gear

Wasthe comparison made with the same calibration? If the calibration was standard "stage 1 download" from HD, then the calibration would favor the stock headers. For a fair comparison, there should have been a unique calibration that was optimized for each of the pipes.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Right on Harleyboy, saving that right leg from being bbq'd means a bunch. The BlueBlaster with lowers is my winter ride when I appreciate the warmth.

Quick Reply: Truth about tru-duals vs factory headers