Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

RE-map

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE-map

I had true-duals put on my UC this week, the mechanic called me and ask if I had the ECM re-mapped when I had the Stage-I put in, my answer was I trust the Stealership, so I guess so!
I also had a PC-III, installed.
He was going to do a RE-map of the PC-III
My question is there a RE-map of the ECM too?
I have an over heating issue with my bike so I've completed a couple of things to help cut down on the engine temperatures.
1. Ultra oil cooler.
2. True duals.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the PC3 just let him map that. You will be fine. Or better have them tune it.
Thanks
Happy New Year.

Originally Posted by davidw221
I had true-duals put on my UC this week, the mechanic called me and ask if I had the ECM re-mapped when I had the Stage-I put in, my answer was I trust the Stealership, so I guess so!
I also had a PC-III, installed.
He was going to do a RE-map of the PC-III
My question is there a RE-map of the ECM too?
I have an over heating issue with my bike so I've completed a couple of things to help cut down on the engine temperatures.
1. Ultra oil cooler.
2. True duals.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,015 Likes on 4,205 Posts

Drago, I'm not exactly sure if davew is referring to his 02 but assume he is. Using my case of a complete stock 04 88TCb FI. Only mod is an open SE air filter. When I got it it had way too loud for me Pythons and from what original owner said a remap by the dealer who had installed exhaust and filter. I installed a stock take off exhaust off a TC96 Nightrain (pluged the oxygen sensor holes)
Bike runs great. No hint of popping when you get off it. Plugs look great at 40K with 10K on them. Just curious what a dealer would be allowed to do to a stock ECM. Do get a backfire once in a while on start up. Do you think as a general rule for emissions one should have the ECM checked when undoing a mod like I did? I only ran the Pythons a few months but just a seats of the paints filling that it ran hotter with the Pythons but summer time with the narrow tank like a Deuce throws some engine heat at you. Thanks and thanks davew for letting me share you post on MAPing

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 09-14-2018 at 11:24 AM.