Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Branch Heads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Branch Heads.

Yrs ago me and my buds ran Branch heads on our shovels and then Evo's, made great power with right setup. Have not seen many on TC? Anyone running them?

Old 12-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Oldpanrider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Branch Heads.

Branch sold his business to one of the guys that has worked for him for the several years. They are still in business and yep, I will be sending in a set to be done for the '07 after Christmas. I'm with you if something works why go somewhere else. I think the price quoted was around $879.00.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

What setup ya doing with heads? 103, pistons, cams?

I am also doing my 07 after the new yr. After riding my 95" the last few yrs the 07 is a dog....

Lots of potential though.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 AM
onyx_z71
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Oldpanrider

Branch sold his business to one of the guys that has worked for him for the several years. They are still in business and yep, I will be sending in a set to be done for the '07 after Christmas. I'm with you if something works why go somewhere else. I think the price quoted was around $879.00.
I could be wrong, but I thought Mikuni bought and currently owns Branch. I understand how porting helps, but I really don't see the bathtub combustion chamber thing they push as building much, or any horsepower. That's Evolution technology in a Twin Cam era. The Branch setup seems like too much money IMO for the 80-100 hp results they boast. I would much rather prefer to spend less money on the QHP ported heads on ebay which require no exchange and come with documented flow #s and coated valves. That, in my opinion, is technology.

I, after months of research, ported my own heads, and while they may not flow with the best of them, they're much better than stock, and seem to compliment the rest of my setup well as my overall results were huge from stock. I talked to the Branch people, and with all the reputable porting outfits out there, I think they're overpriced.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

otay

ORIGINAL: onyx_z71

ORIGINAL: Oldpanrider

I could be wrong, but I thought Mikuni bought and currently owns Branch. I understand how porting helps, but I really don't see the bathtub combustion chamber thing they push as building much, or any horsepower. That's Evolution technology in a Twin Cam era. The Branch setup seems like too much money IMO for the 80-100 hp results they boast. I would much rather prefer to spend less money on the QHP ported heads on ebay which require no exchange and come with documented flow #s and coated valves. That, in my opinion, is technology.

I, after months of research, ported my own heads, and while they may not flow with the best of them, they're much better than stock, and seem to compliment the rest of my setup well as my overall results were huge from stock. I talked to the Branch people, and with all the reputable porting outfits out there, I think they're overpriced.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Well alrighty then.....................

Old 12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

[:-]

Old 12-06-2006, 11:54 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nick@nite

What setup ya doing with heads? 103, pistons, cams?

I am also doing my 07 after the new yr. After riding my 95" the last few yrs the 07 is a dog....

Lots of potential though.
Hey Nick...

Ya otta get ya set ot the RevPerf 3.93xxx jugs & pistons and build yourself a 107"! Couple a nice set cams and heads setup for that config with it & you got yourself a MONSTER! RevPerf and HeadQuarters both have kits for them now.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:39 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Hey, Phil waiting for Zippers to finish there 107 kit Spoke with them on phone yesterday
there are still alot of issues with 07 motor...........

Helped my buddy install a Rev Tec 110 today , he got a smoking deal on the motor to good to pass up.

Feel the need for speed.........................

Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

revcrap is the absolute WORST HD based engine available....he got what he paid for

Quick Reply: Branch Heads.