Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Zipper's

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Zipper's

I currently have a Doherty Powerpacc with vents and decided to get a Zipper's Max Flow stage 1 upgrade kit for my Arlen Ness billet sucker. Mostly to clean up that side of my engine which always gives me a hard time to get to the carb and all. Doherty is a great product, but just a little intrusive for my liking. My question is, will I get close to, or the same flow with the new Zipper's ste up?

Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,221 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I currently have a Doherty Powerpacc with vents and decided to get a Zipper's Max Flow stage 1 upgrade kit for my Arlen Ness billet sucker. Mostly to clean up that side of my engine which always gives me a hard time to get to the carb and all. Doherty is a great product, but just a little intrusive for my liking. My question is, will I get close to, or the same flow with the new Zipper's ste up?
The Zippers fileter will flow as much or more provided that the air is not restricted by the Ness hardware.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Please forgive my ignorance, what do you mean by my Ness hardware restricting the air?

Originally Posted by djl
The Zippers fileter will flow as much or more provided that the air is not restricted by the Ness hardware.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,221 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Please forgive my ignorance, what do you mean by my Ness hardware restricting the air?
Apparently you are runnng the "Ness billet sucker", whatever that is; I have no idea. The filter will flow but if the air intake of the cover is restrictive, it won't let enough air in to the filter. May not be an issue, just thought worth mentioning. Kind of like trying to put 10 pounds of feathers in a 5 pound bag; if you know what I mean.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the reply djl, the Big Sucker is exactly like the SE. Actually, I think they stole the idea fron Ness... Anywho, I'll be running it open filter with the decorative cap on the tip like in this pic I found. So I'm guessing I'll be fine. Thanks again man!

Originally Posted by djl
Apparently you are runnng the "Ness billet sucker", whatever that is; I have no idea. The filter will flow but if the air intake of the cover is restrictive, it won't let enough air in to the filter. May not be an issue, just thought worth mentioning. Kind of like trying to put 10 pounds of feathers in a 5 pound bag; if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; 12-01-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, for those who are interrested, I recieved my Zippers Max Flow stage 1 upgrade kit. Fits perfectly on my Arlen Ness billet sucker, and the scalloped end cap fits perfectly as well. Me happy as a clam...

Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

Zippers offers those free(r) flowing elements, and we too, stock those items here, and they are certainly a great upgrade over the S/E, or Ness filters, BUT, the mac-daddy of filters that will fit under a T/C football cover, or will also accomodate those filter end covers, is our proprietary 3.5" unit that Green Filter, Brodock, PA, manufactures exclusively for us.
Almost totally unrestricted air flow, as dyno testing has shown.
Comes complete with the stud kit, we manufacture here in-house.
Scott

Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn! Now you tell me...lol!!

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
Zippers offers those free(r) flowing elements, and we too, stock those items here, and they are certainly a great upgrade over the S/E, or Ness filters, BUT, the mac-daddy of filters that will fit under a T/C football cover, or will also accomodate those filter end covers, is our proprietary 3.5" unit that Green Filter, Brodock, PA, manufactures exclusively for us.
Almost totally unrestricted air flow, as dyno testing has shown.
Comes complete with the stud kit, we manufacture here in-house.
Scott