Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

O2 locations for V&H Staggered Big Shots?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default O2 locations for V&H Staggered Big Shots?????

I've read till I'm Blue in the Face and searched the Forum until numb.... Can't seem to find a good answer for this question.

I have an '06 Deluxe with Staggered Big Shots on it therefore no O2 bungs since this is an TC88 and the year before HD started to use them. I want to add an Auto-tune system to the bike so need to put bungs in my head pipes. I contacted Vance & Hines Tech support figuring they were the experts and now put bungs in there exhausts for the "07 and later Softails. I figured they would be able to suggest a location and what to watch for.

I was extremely disappointed in their response "Unfortunately we do not have any specs or drawings available to the public, but I do know that the requirements for the Thunder Max are slightly different. I’m sure if you contact them direct you should be able to get better information as to where they go."

I expected V&H to be knowledgeable since they have bungs for '07 and up on their Big Shots for softails......................................

I have not yet contacted ThunderMax but that is on my list if someone on the Forum has not done this install already. I know the "older" O2 sensors are heat activated and need to be within 8 in of the exhaust port (I assume the closer the better) and need to be mounted so as to not collect moisture. I also know the ThunderMax wideband sensors are longer than most Factory sensors.

Anybody got any pictures or suggestions they can share???

Old 11-01-2011, 08:47 PM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be willing to bet that if you posted and asked in the softail forum, one of our great members would be able to measure theirs and report back. I'm not able to at the moment but I can mease my fatcat locations. From all the comparisons I've done, V&H and D&D head pipes closely mimick each other.