Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Genesis Big Air Carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Panshovevo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis Big Air Carb

I did a search for posts on the "Big Air" carb, and found nothing recent. Has anyone tried one recently, or run one for any length of time?
I picked one up cheap from a neighbor who had bought it for a light airplane project that didn't work out a couple of years ago, but it was set up for a larger engine than mine, and by the time I got the correct internal parts, I had gotten tired of waiting and reinstalled my S&S E.
It is a Gen III, but according to the owner/designer (or whatever) of the carb, the only operational difference between Gen III and IV is the bowl vent, which can be changed to Gen IV type easily.
During the short time I had it installed, I was impressed with the off-idle throttle response, but couldn't lean it enough for my application.
I now have what should be the correct needle and slide, as well as the later style needle adjustment screw, but hope to hear of others experiences before re-installing it.