Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Khrome Werks slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006 | 12:14 AM
warren888
|
Account Suspended
Default RE: Khrome Werks slip-ons

ORIGINAL: XL4me

$12.99 Blow Dryer (from Wal-Mart), heat slowly / evenly (takes a while), peels off in big pieces - if not one big piece, Goo Gone and some elbow grease...., clean Goo Gone off w/ Windex....., Done Deal !!!![sm=happy046.gif]

Looks Good !! Sounds GREAT !!!! [sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=coolness.gif]

Well - I just found a solution today as well, although a little more brute force.

I used a chisel shaped Xacto blade - brand new so there are no burs - and was able to peel it off pretty easily. I angled the chisel tip so it wouldn't scratch the surface, and I don't see any knicks or scratches.

I'm happy as well.

Old 11-29-2006 | 06:21 PM
chuckyl
Advanced

Glad you liked the pipes. I put the slash cuts on a Fatboy and found them to be very loud (my wife not that keen on riding with me). Anyway, they came back off and I went back to the SE II which still looked nice but not as loud and keeps peace in the family.

Old 01-14-2007 | 04:22 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: XL4me

I have a set of KromeWerks HP+ slip-ons, installing them, as we speak...........

and I can't get the freaking
"Caution, for closed course use only..." sticker off !!!!
I've tried WD-40, Brake cleaner, Sticker remover !
It just flakes off, a speck at a time....... Any idea ???????

Peel off what you can, then used some good ole mayo out of your fridge. Let it sit a few minutes on the remaining paper and adhesive. I thought the person who told me about this trick was nuts, but it works great.

Old 05-22-2007 | 11:56 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: chuckyl

Glad you liked the pipes. I put the slash cuts on a Fatboy and found them to be very loud (my wife not that keen on riding with me). Anyway, they came back off and I went back to the SE II which still looked nice but not as loud and keeps peace in the family.
I am in the opposite situation: my wife loves my V&H Big Radius, but I don't like the tone so put stockers back on until I can get some Krome Werks or Cycle Shacks. Now she's pissed and won't ride with me. Go figure...

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:28 AM
07 Fatboy
Intermediate

I bought a pair of theKhrome Werkstappered slip ons for my 07 fatboy, fit and finish were excellent, bolted up in place and uses the stock heat shields, loudnessseemed on par with the old SE II's (louder than the new SE's though!), the KhromeWerksdampen the bark when your get on it compared to the old SE II's for a more mellow, but deeper tone, but they are still asloud as the old SE II's. I am currently running some old SE II balone cuts that I modified to fit my 07 since I like the bark when you get on it. I would guess the Khrome Werks are lower restrictionthan the SE II's which may affect the low end torque, but no dyno to compare. I think for a higher flow engine with mods the Khrome Werksmight gain more power on the top end over the SE II's since the design is straight through with a small 1/2" or less performated, dimpled baffle in the center of the pipe to make the flowturbulent and refects some of the exhast to the OD of the pipe which is perforated and insulated.

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:47 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

I was listening to some sound bites on YouTube and really liked the sound of both the Khrome Werks and the Cycle Shacks. I think, at least from what I have read, that the Cycle Shacks are louder, but they still had a fairly low sound. I like the low sound, as opposed to the somewhat raspy sound of my Big Radius. The Big Radius sound great when you nail it, but you can hear them a mile away - I can imagine my neighbors gritting their teeth every morning at 0615...Also, my bike has much more low end grunt with the stockers on than with the BRs. The BRs made great power on the freeway though, while the stockers are pretty anemic.

Old 08-04-2008 | 09:25 AM
Fatboy_Norway
6th Gear

I could not be happier with the slash cut set on my 2002 Fatboy. Exactly what I want in terms of a low, deep sound and looks.

Old 05-12-2010 | 07:11 PM
09B29
Road Captain

Kinda bringing up an old thread but

i just installed a set of 3 inch HP Kromewerks slip ons on my 09 Fatboy.
They sound good
alot better than my stock sewing machine sounding pipes

They are not even close to being as loud as my Dyna with the VH Big Radius 2-2 s

They are still not loud enough

I am wondering how they would sound if I took of the fiberglass from baffles and then reinstalled the baffles

But I am still breaking in motor and have not decided on my final decision for pipes
but I will probably get another set of Big Radius for the Fatboy

Loud pipes save lives

Thanks

Old 11-22-2021 | 06:15 PM
Roy K
2nd Gear
Thumbs up packing

Trying to repack a set of Khrome Werks 3" slash cut slip ons, part # 202348 (or 202350).

Looks to be a 1/2 fiberglass mat but underneath is a paper thin, mesh type white fiberglass sheet that wraps directly around the metal baffle.

Any idea what this is called and/or where I can find it?