Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

MAP for PCIII USB 2001 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011 | 08:00 AM
maderjc
|
Stage I
Default MAP for PCIII USB 2001 Ultra Classic

Hi Guys...We had stock pipes on our scoot that we just didn't like. We switched to Vance and Hines Oval Slip ons with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air intake and got the Power Commander III USB (oh yea and stock ECM). The map that they supplied is just not right and we have tried adjusting the low-mid and high range settings without success. Does anyone suggest any particular MAP or settings? We have played with several MAPs from the site and it just doesn't seem to be working for us...The original pipes were so loud..which I like on acceleration it jsut gets old when they never stop and we hit somewhere around the 400th mile of the day....can't hear the stereo etc...We have gotten it running a bit better but the weather this week end is supposed to be fantastic and it has sucked for so long I hate to miss anything. We are having the bike dyno'd next week but no hope before the weekend. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated! The bike absolutely screamed before the alterations in all ranges...fastest bike with more response than any other stock bike I've been on...would love to get that performance back as well if possible...maybe with the dyno!?! Thanks, Jan

Old 05-27-2011 | 10:37 AM
adamwayne
4th Gear

I am also interested in a response on this as I'm in the same boat with my 04' Road King with Rhinehart TD's. It sounds great but just seems to lose power on acceleration(trying to decide if it is rich or lean). I'm planning on a dyno as well. I'm in KY also and was considering Commonwealth cycles. I think they are an authorized tuner for Power Commander. Best of luck on yours, hope you get it rounded out in time for the weekend. Looks like it's gonna be a hot one!