Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 PM
bigmick23
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Recommendations

I just got a set of Rinehart true-duals for my 09 Street Glide. What are everybodys thoughts on finishing the system? I'm leaning towards the SE Stage 1 kit as apposed to the hi-flow air intake.(worried that the snorkel will get in the way of my knee) Should I get a power commander as well? Any input is good input. Thanx!!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Matthew Johnson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost all air cleaners are going to perform similar, so just get one that you like to look at and that fits, the only time it actually makes a difference is when you change the T/B.

You should more than definitely get that power commander. It is a must for finishing up an upgrade package.. The ONLY other thing that is as good if not just a little bit better is the Thunder Max, but who has that kind of freakin money anyway...
Anything else is just not in the same class, unless of coarse you aren't trying to squeeze out as much HP as possible or know for a fact that you wont make ANY more changes in the future.
All IMHO of coarse

I run Thunderheaders, Arlen Ness stage 2 A/C and the PCV with auto tuner!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.hdforums.com/get/forum/images/smilies/icon_dance-cpatch.gif{which I also highly recomend}Its like having an ever adapting dyno on the go

Old 04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

C'mon... on an 09? Thats a DBW (drive by wire) bike. PLEASE dont run a crap box PC or 1909 TMax... soooooooooooooo old fashioned Alpha-N stuff.

Get a TTS, or a Power Vision... these 'flash' the actual ECM on a bike and do NOT destroy things you need like knock sensing, fuel control, etc. And with the power loss associated with true duals... you will really wish you could get it as tuned as possible at home.

TTS has a learning curve but is arguably the best. PV will have AT Pro (self Tuning module)in a few months and THAT will be a winner, hands down, for Stage 1 or 2 bikes.

Try to research some more... you will see what I mean........ removing the O2 sensors is NOT the same as turning them OFF with the programming now available... you kill all kinds of functionality inside of the ECM using PCs. There IS a reason that DJ and Fuelmoto are NOT using PC maps in the new Vision, ya know.

I've owned PCs and LIKED TMax in the past and they DID work, but time has moved on.

Everyone here (on this forum) will tell you how great their bike runs. Well.... as compared to what? They ONLY own the one bike or so, and all they can say is really compared to nothing. If most had a real tune.... they would be shocked. Yes... I AM biased towards the TTS. But the Vision is going to be an eye opener for sure.

Once I did a back to back... go from dyno tuned PC to a TRUE tuned bike... I NEVER went back. It WAS a 'Holy Crap' moment. Day to day riding was SO much smoother.

Don't believe me? Call Jamie and ask what is the BEST type of tuner... a piggyback or a flash based tuner. Sure.. he sells both and it's tough for him, but since I know and like Jamie... I can put him on the hotseat once and awhile. Plus... if you would like... I can give you the name of a Pro Tuner in Wisconsin that's really good.

THE and I mean THE hidden Harley Tax on newer bikes is one MUST work the fuel, timing, etc upon doing a Stage 1. Its simply a cost of upgrading for us consumers.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 04-05-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"They ONLY own the one bike or so" I think they're plenty of us who ride or have riden more than one bike. My brother has two HD's that I ride for him just to keep them moving while he's away, my bike does run great [for what it is].

Last edited by paul s; 04-05-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 PM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So tell us what you really think Wurk truk!! Don't hold back now.