Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

First Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011 | 01:41 AM
Topher
|
Stage II
Default First Dyno Results

Been modifying my street bob for the last couple years. First was high flow air cleaner and 2 into one exhaust. Next (last December) was a 103 kit and higher performance cams.

The bike had always run a bit hot but after the last mods, on warmer days, the engine started going into parade mode if I spent much time at stop lights. . .didn't like that at all.

After researching various forums, it seemed that maybe a custom ECM map via a super tuner might help the running hot issue. Decided to pull the trigger, added the SEST and put the bike on the Dynojet.

Got the bike back yesterday and I'm impressed with the results. Pre dyno tuning was 83.9HP and 96.0TQ. Dyno tuning increased that to 90.0HP and 101.9TQ. Even though the HP/TQ gains were relatively small, the bike is running so much smoother and no more parade mode (so far). Let's hope it stays that way when the weather gets back up into the 90's.

The next thing is to decide on new heads or having the existing ported and polished. I've heard that a good builder in my area is Bennett's Performance (Long Beach, CA). Has anyone had experience with them?

Old 04-04-2011 | 05:29 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Topher
Been modifying my street bob for the last couple years. First was high flow air cleaner and 2 into one exhaust. Next (last December) was a 103 kit and higher performance cams.

The bike had always run a bit hot but after the last mods, on warmer days, the engine started going into parade mode if I spent much time at stop lights. . .didn't like that at all.

After researching various forums, it seemed that maybe a custom ECM map via a super tuner might help the running hot issue. Decided to pull the trigger, added the SEST and put the bike on the Dynojet.

Got the bike back yesterday and I'm impressed with the results. Pre dyno tuning was 83.9HP and 96.0TQ. Dyno tuning increased that to 90.0HP and 101.9TQ. Even though the HP/TQ gains were relatively small, the bike is running so much smoother and no more parade mode (so far). Let's hope it stays that way when the weather gets back up into the 90's.

The next thing is to decide on new heads or having the existing ported and polished. I've heard that a good builder in my area is Bennett's Performance (Long Beach, CA). Has anyone had experience with them?

We know the old man, Buzzy, as he was from this immediate area originally, but I believe the son is in command now. Should be able to handle your needs for sure.
Scott