Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch

So it looks like the Rivera Pro Clutch, with brand new plates, the gold spring and Rivera's TPP VPC does not hold the 124 CI.

It still slips in 5th and 6th gears. We are running the correct fluids...as recommended by Rivera. This engine has allot of TQ. It's becomming very frustrating as we cannot complete the dyno before the d@m thing slips.

I've heard several negative comments about Barnett so I desire not to go there. Recommendations and or a little help would be greatly appriciated here. This is the only thing holding me up now.

I'm hoping to find a solution...one that will allow an easy clutch pull.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i have the Barnett on my SG -- the pull is extemely hard -- you are wise not to go with it
Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
So it looks like the Rivera Pro Clutch, with brand new plates, the gold spring and Rivera's TPP VPC does not hold the 124 CI.

It still slips in 5th and 6th gears. We are running the correct fluids...as recommended by Rivera. This engine has allot of TQ. It's becomming very frustrating as we cannot complete the dyno before the d@m thing slips.

I've heard several negative comments about Barnett so I desire not to go there. Recommendations and or a little help would be greatly appriciated here. This is the only thing holding me up now.

I'm hoping to find a solution...one that will allow an easy clutch pull.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default Clutch

Irk0

Thanks for the confirmation. Exactly what I've heard from several of the Bro's.

Does anyone have any comments about the BANDIT? How is it compaired to the Rivera?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This what we use and sell on all our builds no probs. what so ever no slipping we just did a bike with 201 hp 175 tq with this and 217 hp bike no slipping what so ever.
Here is a link to AIM. They have a chart for you to see which set-ups work best.
http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=18
Call me if you have any questions.

Irk0

Thanks for the confirmation. Exactly what I've heard from several of the Bro's.

Does anyone have any comments about the BANDIT? How is it compaired to the Rivera?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is one other clutch that I know of that has a very easy pull and holds the high HP engines, and that is the King Kong clutch but it is very, very expensive and it does not have much of a friction zone, very much like a light switch, engaged or disengaged and not much in between.

I am really curious why the Primo is not holding, I know of many in use without issue.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default Clutch

Drago,

We are using the gold hat with Rivera's TPP (VPC unit) It's the same as The AIM set up you recommended. Since I have the Rivera PRO-Clutch I wanted to stay with what they recommended. This is where the frustration builds, the wrench is talking to Rivera with poor results.

Thanks Dalton, I'll keep the KONG Clutch in mind if we cannot get this B.S. worked out. My wrench is to the point of sending the whole unit back to Rivera. Believe me, I'm curious about why the Rivera is not holding, as I too know of several that use it without problems. I'll also have my wrench inquire about Rivera's lock up unit upon his return tomorrow. Perhapos all of this can tie in together....Ie new springs, plates, VPC and lock up unit.

I'll keep the field posted, back in the state on Thursday.

BD.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Allenz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With my S&S 124 I originally had the Screaming Eagle clutch and heavy duty spring. Hard clutch pull so I went to a hydraulic clutch. Made clutch pull easy but never could get that clutch to stop slipping. Changed over to the Bandit clutch. Already had the hydraulic set up so I can't address the clutch pull but the Bandit clutch is great. No slipping. Had Hillside rework the engine and now I have to run the gold springs adjusted so the spring collars are two turns below flush with the pressure plate, to handle the power, but the clutch has no slipping and I might add with quite aggressive two up acceleration. Although with the springs adjusted tight, even with the hydraulic clutch, the clutch pull is a little hard. Don't know if it would be really that bad if it was cable operated.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

You can see here we dont have poor results. Look at dyno 200 hp 175 tq... Thats why I use AIM / Pro Charger.
We have been building big HP bikes for 10 year. Its funny to here people having all these issues with clucths slipping now even on these 120rs and they dont make big numbers at all.
My 2 cents.....
Good luck if you want to talk give me a call.
Thanks
FD

Drago,

We are using the gold hat with Rivera's TPP (VPC unit) It's the same as The AIM set up you recommended. Since I have the Rivera PRO-Clutch I wanted to stay with what they recommended. This is where the frustration builds, the wrench is talking to Rivera with poor results.

Thanks Dalton, I'll keep the KONG Clutch in mind if we cannot get this B.S. worked out. My wrench is to the point of sending the whole unit back to Rivera. Believe me, I'm curious about why the Rivera is not holding, as I too know of several that use it without problems. I'll also have my wrench inquire about Rivera's lock up unit upon his return tomorrow. Perhapos all of this can tie in together....Ie new springs, plates, VPC and lock up unit.

I'll keep the field posted, back in the state on Thursday.

BD.

Attached Thumbnails Clutch-175tq.jpg  

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 02-22-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Bad Disposition
Tourer

Thanks Allen.

Drago, I have no doubts about what you are saying, I appriciate your input.

All comments are always refered to the builder. If he can't get it worked out this week, I am contemplating moving the bike, there is no excuse for a clutch taking this long.

BD.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I agree with you. He or she should know right away what to use before they build it.

Thanks Allen.

Drago, I have no doubts about what you are saying, I appriciate your input.

All comments are always refered to the builder. If he can't get it worked out this week, I am contemplating moving the bike, there is no excuse for a clutch taking this long.

BD.

Quick Reply: Clutch