Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

V&H Straight shot slipons , not fitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011 | 05:47 PM
MADDOG187
|
Road Master
Default V&H Straight shot slipons , not fitting

guys i need help and idea,s
Ive got a pair of V&H straight shot slip ons for my 2010 nightster , had no problems getting the old ones off and no problem fitting the front one but the back one just doesn't fit , Ive tried swapping then over (they both fit the front , but neither will work on the back , loosened the headers and everything that should have been done , the old mufflers fit back on fine , i haven't tried swapping them yet , but it seems like the bracket on the crossover tube on the bike is wrong , its about 10mm out and without taking a hammer to the thing (not what i want to do ) i cannot see an answer , any idea,s , has anyone had this and what caused it , its never been dropped by me , Ive had it from new and there is no sign of damage anywhere , but something isn't right , Ive even took it to a good indi with 20 years building Harley customs , and he spent 3 hours with no sign of any let up , the brackets that came and the v&h pipes are perfect , its got to be the back bracket connected to the crossover tubes , HELP

Old 01-27-2011 | 06:24 AM
MADDOG187
|
Road Master

it turned out that there was no way the rear would fit following the instructions , but it was possible to get it to fit if the whole exhaust was taken off , and started from the back muffler, once that was bolted on tight , he worked forward , there was more room for manoeuvrer at the header pipe to the engine , its all fitted now , there was a small discrepancy somewhere looks like on my bike, but doing it that way worked , Ive posted else where and a few people have had the same thing , seems like not all bikes are made equal. bye the way , they look great but Jesus there loud hope this helps someone in the same boat