Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

New bassanis road rages

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:49 PM
DaFrankster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New bassanis road rages

Phil, what do you have against Bassani? I've done some searches on Bassani pipes and you have posted "D & D" stuff on nearly every one of them. I've heard "both" pipes and you sure do have a point on the D & D's. They sound really nice...I like the Bassani for my softail for pretty much the same reason...they sound really nice. Also, the Bassani Road-Rage pipe is quite a bit longer on the softail which kinda helps keep the sound a touch further away from my ears when I'm just putt(ing) around town. I like the sound of the D & D as well as the Thunderheader(s). I wish they were longer on the softail (you're riding a bagger so you get the really LONG pipes no matter which manufacturer you go with.......lucky dog)

: )

Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaFrankster

Phil, what do you have against Bassani?
Nothing... sorry for highjacking the thread... just pointint out the that black ones for 07's are available now.

Choose whatever you like best.... THat's all that really matters anyway.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Here is my opinion on the 3 pipes being discussed here:

T-Header - Proven design, moderate chrome quality, loud
Road Rage - High quality, deep but not obnoxious, looks different w/ the megaphone muffler design, I like the contrast of the polished and chrome or the polished end cap and black pipe
FatCat - Everything the Road Rage is, but maybe a step higher on chrome and fit quality. Sounds great. Traditional looking muffler

For me, I am putting a black road rage on my '07 RG when it gets here. I just like the way they look and sound. If you're having trouble getting a hold of one, you might try Wallys Cycle World. I see they are advertising them now.

BZ

Old 09-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're having trouble getting a hold of one, you might try Wallys Cycle World.
A friendly word of caution about Wally World & RR's: I ordered a set from them (which they said were in stock) & 5 weeks later still hadn't gotten them. I cancelled the order & was told at that time that my CC would be reimbursed for the charges. After several weeks (& phone calls) later I finally had to do a dispute of the charges to get my money back. It's all straightened out now, but it was a big hassle & I won't be doing any more business w/Wallys World.

VicW.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Wow. Thanks Vic. I have never ordered them and will look elsewhere based on your experience. That's too much money to be taking chances with. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

You're welcome Biggzed. I know some ppl have had good luck w/WW, & my experience w/em may have been an anomoly. But it was enough for me & I just don't wanna see anyone else go thru the useless hassle.

VicW.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Hollywood
Banned

Thunderheader, D&D and Road Rage are all top performers. What attracted me to the RR was that Black and brush metal contrast. Being that my bike is Pewter Pearl with black graphics I think it would look nice. Then I read an article in the last issue of American Iron Tuner magazine. The article stated someone had tested all top performance pipes on their big build and was pretty happy with the pipes that hecurrently had on until he tried the RR. According to the article the RR beat all the previous pipes he had tested on his bike. Include his last set which he had been bragging about by 4hp & 9lb torque, if I remember the numbers correctly. They did not mention what the other pipes were, probably for legal reasons.

Then in the same magazine there was another article on how they got 144 Hp out of something like a 113 or 120 engine, again using the RR pipe and crediting the pipe for quick throttle response.

Now, I'm not looking to build one of these monster engines but just the fact that these pipes perform so well gave me another reason to look into the RR. The only thing that was left for me to research was sound and quality. From the response on this thread it looks like the sound gets the thumbs up. The only other unanswered question is the quality of the black coating and weather it will flake in time. I saw another post where some one had an issue with that. But at this point I like the way the pipe looks so much that if they do flake I will have them wrapped.