Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2007 Exhaust Changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
godseyjo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Exhaust Changes

Ok......All has gone very well up until a recent factory recall in which the fuel and air was adjusted somewhat to compensate for the heat. Since that time, the bike runs too lean and this is quite evident on the plugs. Although I have managed no other changes since the mufflerswitch that started this thread, this latest factory required change has caused me to make the decision to go ahead and complete the Stage I and SERT change to fully compensate and gaiAn the addtional power. Oh well, some expense was saved for awhile anyways!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Paul32730
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Exhaust Changes

I too have an '07 Street Glide. This topic hits home for me.

First let me say that I just sold an '01 EFI Deuce. It had Bub Stubbies and NO fuel management of any type on it when I bought it. It ran lean and had no low end. A PCIII USB and SE 16 Gauge Double Barrel pipes fixed everything.

Back to the Street Glide. I have had it 6 days. I immediately asked as many HD service people I could find about the exhaust issue because my buddy had a set of SE slip ons (part number 64910-99) in my garage waiting to be sold on Ebay.

The most consistent answer I got was "try them and check your plugs after a decent ride to see if it is running lean. If so' come get the download." The consensus was as long as I'm not changing the air cleaner/intake that the O2 sensors and ECM would adjust.

After all, there is a very expensive "closed loop" exhaust/tuner system out there aftermarket that does the same thing the HD system does. The difference is the parameters set in the ECM for a final fuel ratio the system is adjusting to obtain.

If you can, pick up this months American Bagger. They showcase a pruduct made by Nightrider and distributed by Namz. It is called theNAMZ Oxygen Sensor Inline enrichment Device. Link:

http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/NO2-IED.htm

Basically it plugs in between the O2 sensor and the ECM to change the lean fuel ratio 14:7:1 set in the ECM (for EPA reasons) to a richer 14:2:1 for better performance and mostly for cooler running temps. They claim a 55-87 degree temp change. The mod does not change the built-in heat management in the ECM.

There is a lot of info on the link. It seems to be a great fix for those of us who don't want to go full Stage 1.

Be aware though that any mods like this may and probably will invalidate your warranty if there is a serious problem. That is the main reason why HD is telling us SERT, Stage 1, etc. Someone else in the thread said it, the '07's are still new and we are probably the one right now with the most info about mods and what works and what doesn't.

I don't have these IED's yet, but if the bike runs lean I'm going to give them a try. I live in FL so even with a stock set up my bike will run hot due to ambient temps. Especially creeping along Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week or worse, Biketoberfest.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:02 PM
chuco
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So from what evreyone has said.Do you need to add anything if you install a stage 1 se a/c. I have an 07 streetbob put about 80 miles on it with the new a/c. New to riding any help is appreciated.