Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Help With a decision !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Big Boys Toys
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With a decision !

The general forum said I should come here. I want to buy a 07 UltraClassic. I talked to the salesman and He told me they wouldnt warranty the big bore kit. I told Him I wanted a Harley with power. I run with a 117 S&S right now but thats sold. Im getting a UltraClassic if I can get the power out of it. The salesman told me to get a screaming eagle but thats $38.000. Is it to much to ask for a bike to run good and if I choose to suck up a few GoldWings ???
I have this issue with Attitude passing me with a plastic toy calling it a Touring bike. Can I get some help here ? What should I do ?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Help With a decision !

i AM PRETTY SURE THE 110 ENGINE IS WARRANTED IF YOU KEEP THE EXHAUST. READ ABOUT IT ON THE HD WEBSITE. uNDERSTAND THOUGH THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RUN WITH A GOLD WING AND THE ultra IS A HEAVY BIKE THAT YOU CAN ONLY EXPECT TO GET A BIT MORE TORQUE FROM TO HANDLE THE HILLS.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Big Boys Toys
Banned

You from Pensacola ? Wonder what George over at Redline would say about more power from a UltraClassic ? Why do you say I couldn't ever run with the GoldWings ????

Old 09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I was you, I would buy an older 88" Twin cam Ultra. Remove the Engine & Tranny, sell it on Ebay for about $2000-$3000. Then put that money twards and a S&S 124" with a baker 6spd. Then that Ultra would fly. After I pay off my Road King I will be putting one in my frame.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Big Boys Toys
Banned

Now thats what im talkin about. POWER ! Something special.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
badmo
Road Master

Boss Hoss

Old 09-18-2006, 08:14 PM
flstc rider
Novice

If you're also from somewhere near Crestview, FL. Call Al Taylor at Southern Performance, Al's Performance Machine. He'll fix you up with some power. He's doing my heads and cams for a 105hp/115tq or so 95". I'm not far behind my uncle's Gold Wing now, let alone the additional 15hp and 15tq I should get with the bigger heads, cams, carb and compression over my current 95". His number is 850-683-1148, 110 John King Rd, Crest View.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
XfasteddieX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been doin some upgrades my service manager told me hd will warrenty anything aslong as the upgrade dosent cause the problem
but im rideing a 01 flstc goin to do the 95 ci upgrade the 07 is bigger anyway you might try americaneaglehd.com ask their service mgr. about it they are rated top ten sales & service in texas great people there

[IMG]local://upfiles/7791/C5C4A6CF1E864AD8BBC8FB616EA90F0C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7791/4B52A14A286748E5BD4AA86238D7DC55.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2006, 12:50 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a choice of either 103 or 110 inches to upgrade too.
If purchased and installed by a dealer, either install will be covered by warranty.
Talk to a parts or service person if you can (salespeople are not usually as well educated.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Thundercatken
Novice

ORIGINAL: ricoman

You have a choice of either 103 or 110 inches to upgrade too.
If purchased and installed by a dealer, either install will be covered by warranty.
Talk to a parts or service person if you can (salespeople are not usually as well educated.
Ditto ...

I required verification of the warrantee situation before making the decision to buy a new bike and have the upgrades done. I was going to buy an older Road Glide and put a big engine it ... until my discussion with our local dealer and seeing the results of a "Street Legal 110" on the dyno after a local tuner was done with it.

As long as the dealer does the work, and you use all "Street Legal" components (Basically what they put in a Screaming Eagle 110"), both the factory and extended warantee will cover the bike. I'm gonna wait until spring, but I have almost decided to get a new Road Glide and have the 110" Upgrade done before I take delivery. I'm using a bike more and more for basic transportation, and having that 7 year warrantee is important nowadays. Besides, with a little tuning, a "Street Leagle 110" will develop around 125 Ft Lbs at 3-3500 RPM with a set of slip ons, a power commander and a little tuning.

ALTHOUGH ... if I did find a high mileage Road Glide for a fair price, I may still go the S&S 124" route and slap a wild paint job on it. All depends on the numbers $$$$$$$$.

Quick Reply: Help With a decision !