Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Anyone have experience with Kuryakyn Exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with Kuryakyn Exhaust ?

Seems like a decent enough deal.

$425 - TTS Mastertune (online price)
$700 - $1000 - Most true duals w/ head-pipes
$150 - Any Stage 1 A/C kit (big nessie, SE Stg-1 A/C)

So this is basically $1500.00 for a complete streetable stage 1 kit.

Any comments ?

I don't wanna have to wait and track 3 or 4 seperate orders to save $100 total.

JP Cycles Stage 1 kit.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of bike are you puting this stuff on? year? mod?
It would not be my choice in parts.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your subject line reads, "Anyone have experience with Kury exhaust?"

I purchased a set of their Crusher slip-ons for my '09 SG. I used my stock headers.

The Crushers have a nice, deep, throaty sound with a much louder rap at WOT. They performed well on my engine which is a HD 103 Stage IV.

I never took it to have the engine dyno'd so I can't give you much more info than that.

I did take them back off in favor of my D&D 2 into 1 as the Crushers were a bit too quiet for me. I have the Crushers sitting in their original box in the corner of the shop if you are interested in picking up a nice set of slipons at a reasonable price.

Jim

Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
rickard48
6th Gear
Default crusher muffler

What are you asking for the crusher mufflers

Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer

The price for the Crushers is $275 plus actual shipping via UPS. They are in mint condition.

Jim

Old 01-22-2011, 06:58 AM
paulgaines319
Intermediate

Jim di you make more power with the 2-1 exhaust?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer

From my experience you can't beat a good set of 2 into 1 exhausts for making power. D&D is pretty much unmatched when it comes to their Fat Cat system with performance baffle.

But the Crushers will not be outperformed by many if any other dual slip-on. I was not disappointed with their performance at all.

Jim

Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Brakelever
2nd Gear

Little late here but then I have had the Crushers since they first come out. I now have the complete setup, Perfect Storm with their map. These are not "touring" mufflers as stated. They are LOULD to me, every one is different. I liked the sound when new, perfect. Nice and deep as said. Really bark when hitting the throttle. After 5,000 miles the bark turns into a can't stand it loud crack that wears on you and who is behind you. They use stainless steel matting. But they all start sound like that after miles. I now have 22,000 on them. Lould turn's into VERY LOUD. Forget about even trying to hear the radio. I have $1500 in my audio setup for my Ultra and could not use it. Wears on you very quick as I said. And I like loud and I am a very aggressive rider and beat the you know what out of my bikes. When on a cancer run with 100 bikes this pass weekend I was requlated back to the last bike. Think about that, others think they are loud also. So I went looking for a new set of mufflers. $500 - $1000. Couldn't afford that. I remembered I had parted out the stock performance spiral baffle on my Python Staggered Duals from my 10 Wide glide. I have put in the quiet baffle. Quiet baffle hurts performance on the Python staggered duals a little but not enough to count. With that narrow front wheel you can outrun the bike quick even if stock let alone stage one and Master Tune. It is the lightest twin cam, just motor and frame and thats it. 100 plus gets stupid fast. Like the sound better than the performance baffles on the Wide Glide. Sounds real mean and more deep at idle. FYI the Python's staggered duals are the best sound I have heard but then I am not using them on a touring bike. Madly in love with them. The stock performance baffles from the Python's will slide right up the Crushers. Measure the solid end of the Python that goes in first. Remember the bolt hole goes to the rear. Stop when you meet resistance. Put a rod or something against the front edge of the baffle. Drive it in 2 1/4 inches. One of them went right in. The other I had to bevel with a file to get past the lip. Hopefully they will be tight enough to be solid. Mine were. I did take the Crusher baffles out of mine to do this and put in a machine screw but I would not recommend this unless you have to. Taking the baffle out of the Crushers is something else. Best do it before putting them on the bike new and use Never Seize. Would be easier to wedge a small nail or something on the free end just to be safe. Any way how do they sound? Better than ever. The sound is deep and mean at idle and when you hit it. The Harley sound every one wants. The stupid annoying crackle is gone. Just that nice Harley rumble. If you baby it a little they are not too loud. Stay at a steady rpm and they mellow out and you can hear your radio nicely. Want the sound back, rap it out or just give it a little throttle. Control boys, your control when you want. Better sound than a new stock Crusher and that was the best I have heard. So what about the power? It is very noticeable but in a good way. I know who designed them but he didn't have the final say, he's just a name. The bike winds out much quicker and from a lower rpm. And boy does it take off. More back pressure? Still using the Perfect storm master tune map. Nice if loaded up and with the woman on. Nothing like before and it did real good then. Seat of the pants but then again it is real world. I have the True Duals which is part of the Perfect Storm. As every one knows, pipes are louder and sound different with headers. What would happen without True Duals, I have no idea. For the price of a set of baffles this is a good deal. Even cheaper than a DWI if you baby it which you can not do with stock Crushers.