Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

D&D Boarzilla

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Boarzilla

Okay guys, the next dilemma,

I am currently running a D&D Fatcat (FC)with a Performance Baffle. It's too loud. I have to be concerned about the man in California, and from what i hear most everyplace else now.

Moving up to the 124, I am considering running a Boarzilla (BZ)with the Q option baffle.

"Q Option – Baffle is wrapped with sound control material. Still has plenty of bark, but with less edge than the unwrapped Louvered or Big Bore baffles. This design allows earliest available torque with no loss of horsepower at the top end onstock and moderately modified engines"

Comparing both the performance and sound with both systems,

I am curious, how much louder will the BZ with Q option baffles be than the FC with performance baffles. Any sound notes about this set up out there?

Any performance comments about a 124 set up with the Boarzilla Q Option? Who's specifically running this system.

We are also talking about keeping the Fatcat on the 124, only moving to the Standard Baffle to save a little $$$$. That should soften the noise a little.

Comments?

BD

Old 09-19-2010, 11:42 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

i've run the fatcat perf. baffle fatcat which was perforated not wrapped, and now have the boarzill qb which is perforated and wrapped. believe it or not the boarzilla qb is quieter, especially at idle and with a deeper tone. when i see the man i just pull in the clutch and coast by. had one pulled up along the side of me at a red light, and he looked over and was checking the bike out and didn't seem to be bothered by the rumble and gave me a nod when the light turned green, lol!

Old 09-19-2010, 12:46 PM
dyna124
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a zippers built muscle 124" motor.I am running a borzilla pipe with the quiet baffle.Ilove the deep smooth sound.If im crankin on the throttle itlle bark pretty good.But with the torque that a 124' motor has one only has to quietly short shift through the gears (with a passenge rmaybe even a fat one)and be lookin back wondering what happend to your riding buddies why are they way back there LOL

Old 09-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default D&D Boarzilla

Oh YEA! just what I was hoping to hear. Any one else care to chime in?

FAT CAT WITH PERFORMANCE BAFFLE AND PIPE FOR SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!