Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

rev tech 11o evo engine build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Remember when everybody and their blind grandmother was building and selling kit choppers ? I was a service tech for a year at a dealer that sold and serviced 5 different brands and hands down anything RevTech was a problem the 100" engines in particular and their tranny's. That my friend is fact not read or heard 2nd or 3rd hand somewhere. I still do occasional work out of the garage and if it's got a Revtech drivetrain I'll turn your work down. All the good machine shops that do cylinders & heads won't touch them here either.
Again, I didn't ask about transmissions or the 1990 version of the Revtech engine that is no longer made.
A one year tech at a dealer service department probably doesn't make the departments decision on what they accept or reject for incoming work. Clearly you were entry level, not doing much more than tire, brake pad service, and oil changes. The senior techs a.k.a. master certified, took the engine jobs. That is also first hand knowledge.

I am not in the transmission market, or asking for old outdated information on discontinued displacements.
By your rationale, because the first Hyundai from the 1980s was such a lemon, no one today should ever consider buying one.

Originally Posted by 329
If anyone spent $5000 on an engine and it failed prematurely, wouldn't they document it all over the internet just out of their frustration?
I can't find anything substantial or concrete for that matter, that goes either way with the current revtech line.
I've quoted my original question again, before the thread started going in circles.

1. 115 or 125 displacement engines, what are the specific problems internally, if any?

2. Not interested in old outdated displacements from 1990.

3. Not a transmission question. It's design and durability are both unrelated to the combustion V-twin engine.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-22-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:36 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,647 Likes on 17,759 Posts

Originally Posted by 329
Again, I didn't ask about transmissions or the 1990 version of the Revtech engine that is no longer made.
A one year tech at a dealer service department probably doesn't make the departments decision on what they accept or reject for incoming work. Clearly you were entry level, not doing much more than tire, brake pad service, and oil changes. The senior techs a.k.a. master certified, took the engine jobs. That is also first hand knowledge.

I am not in the transmission market, or asking for old outdated information on discontinued displacements.
By your rationale, because the first Hyundai from the 1980s was such a lemon, no one today should ever consider buying one.
Entry level ? did I mention I was also service manger for a bit too? Kid I was making a living at this doing in depth engine rebuilds when your twin rolled down the crack of mama's ***. Most tech's today are parts changers, no ones does in depth R&R, balancing or bench blueprinting anymore, it comes out of a box and gets bolted together.

You have comprehension issues buddy being about 15 years off on the motors and mention of the tranny issues was slight and off hand as an example nobody has made a drawn out comment about them I've seen but you. You seem to have a serious hard on for anyone disputing you're favorite product is what I'm seeing here.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Entry level ? did I mention I was also service manger for a bit too? Kid I was making a living at this doing in depth engine rebuilds when your twin rolled down the crack of mama's ***. Most tech's today are parts changers, no ones does in depth R&R, balancing or bench blueprinting anymore, it comes out of a box and gets bolted together.
How long is a bit? You didn't mention it. I don't care either. Doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. I don't think you realize you insulted every tech on the planet that isn't as old as dirt in your comment. You also have no clue how old I am. You do know V twin air cooled are about as simple to build as lawn mower engines, right?

You have comprehension issues buddy being about 15 years off on the motors and mention of the tranny issues was slight and off hand as an example nobody has made a drawn out comment about them I've seen but you. You seem to have a serious hard on for anyone disputing you're favorite product is what I'm seeing here.
No, actually it's you that came to bitch and moan, did you forget to take a nap today? Hey, how tall was Moses? Just thought I'd ask. You represent the average drunk that praises these chromed tractor engines, regardless of brand. Mixing your alcohol with your medication is a very dangerous habit and has effected your demeanor greatly. You need to simmer down old man. You make generalized and superficial remarks about a brand you never touched first hand in your life, so don't take your arrogance and use it on me for asking a question you cannot answer.

Considering your boast of being a feeble minded senior wearing diapers, having no life but thousands of useless posts, I have no favorite V twin brand whatsoever. I never owned one of these Revtech engines or S&S for that matter, but did have an S&S that came on my 2004 Softail and didn't like it for the street. I'm done here.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,753 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Originally Posted by 329
I'm done here.
Thank God. (For good we hope.)

Old 11-22-2015, 01:49 PM
kidsid99
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Thank God. (For good we hope.)
I wouldn't bet on it but doesn't hurt to be wishful!!

Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,838 Likes on 1,080 Posts

This guy's the biggest D*ck we've had on here in awhile. Knows it all and then doesn't listen to anyone that knows more than he does. I knew from the git go that it was going to be useless trying to explain anything to his condescending *** so I never began to give him a complete response. He doesn't want to post in the Engine and Mechanical Forum as he'll get his *** handed to him in a New York minute. He's a troll, plain and simple.

Last edited by OldEnuf2NoBtr; 11-22-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:57 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,163 Likes on 3,491 Posts

Subscribed..
Very interesting to read one individual slamming Another individual who, initially slammed Another individual of get Another individuals thread that he rose up from the dead ( of 2010)and hijacked....Can't Waite to see what's next.......