Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Darkhorse Cranks & H&D Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darkhorse Cranks & H&D Cycles

Here's the final analysis on the problem with the build H&D Cycles did Twice.

We sent the crank off to Dark horse. They did a fantastic job balancing the crank after they had the right piston weight. Heath gave them the WRONG PISTON information .

The stator shorted out as a result of improper installation.

Cylinders were improperly bored.

Piston was improperly fitted to cylinders. ( bore to big )

Excessive wear on piston and cylinders as a result. Also causing blow by.

Tune was unacceptable.

Engine was rebuilt by Redline of Pensacola. They did a fantastic job. The engine no longer had vibration or blowby. The engine feels strong . No more tapping like it did before.

We took it on a 1200 mile trip last weekend and it ran perfect.

Heath of H&D Cycles said he would stand good if anyone could prove he did anything wrong.

Ok let's see how reputable His word is

Second build he blamed on me and S&S rather than his inexperience $3800

Stater replacement and alignment of engine $480

Sending crank off $80

Rebuild on engine $2775.84

My parts Heath owes me $2000
Tot -------------------
$9185.84

Ok Heath of H&D Cycles - Let's see how good your word is.

Many thanks to John of Darkhorse Crank works for your time invested. Professional all the way.

Many thanks to George of Redline on Airport . Best mechanic their ever was. Fantastic people to deal with and fair pricing. The engine is PERFECT !

Old 06-26-2010, 07:04 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior

good to hear you got it up and going.

proofs in the pudding.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Yea it's been a long road, but shes so sweet now. Yea you can't hide from the proof.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Well , now we know what kind of person Heath of H&D cycles is. This post was sent to him via e mail when it was posted here. I wanted everyone to see what he was going to do., He said if anyone could prove where he messed up, well ??????? What's your excuse now ?

And you can bet i'm going to let everyone in the surrounding area know. So is some other people he's done work for.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Dude let it go. I was screwed by a shop about a year ago and it was killing me till I just mentally wrote it off. About 6 grand worth but I am way happier now. Karma will get even with him and I aint gonna waste any more of my time agonizing over it. Holding a grudge is like taking a spoonful of poison every morning and hoping it kills the other guy.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Dude let it go. I was screwed by a shop about a year ago and it was killing me till I just mentally wrote it off. About 6 grand worth but I am way happier now. Karma will get even with him and I aint gonna waste any more of my time agonizing over it. Holding a grudge is like taking a spoonful of poison every morning and hoping it kills the other guy.
+ 1 on that brother.Life is too damn short to dwell on stuff like this .I think at one time or another we've all been there.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Originally Posted by FastBagger07
+ 1 on that brother.Life is too damn short to dwell on stuff like this .I think at one time or another we've all been there.
I know you guys are right but REVENGE tastes so damn good. I hate to hear about engine builders that rip people off. Yes I have had it done to me years ago. Putting it out where people can see it will help steer people away from the shop and thats the best thing you can do.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:19 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
I know you guys are right but REVENGE tastes so damn good. I hate to hear about engine builders that rip people off. Yes I have had it done to me years ago. Putting it out where people can see it will help steer people away from the shop and thats the best thing you can do.

I hold no anger , I just want EVERYONE to know what these people are. A WARNING so to speak. There's a group of us that are telling everyone about what they did. This weekend they have a bike and car show going on. We'll be handing out fliers telling everyone what H&D did . Every function around here for the next year will have those fliers handed out. Got a understanding friend that works in a copy shop that was generous enough to print out plenty.

Sometimes there's far worse things than being sued. Why get a piece of something when you can get the whole place. SHUT THE PEOPLE DOWN !

Of course if they want this to stop, all they have to do is keep their word and pay me what they owe me .

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Sometimes there's far worse things than being sued. Why get a piece of something when you can get the whole place. SHUT THE PEOPLE DOWN !

Of course if they want this to stop, all they have to do is keep their word and pay me what they owe me .
I also expect someone who has sold me something or performed a service to make things right. If not, lets say I do all I can to extract my pound of flesh. I don't have any problem putting up a web site with the info and making sure when people google the business I'm pissed at it hits on my site also, that way people can be informed. I had a hotel give my wife and I a bad time once. I made sure they understood I expected a full refund or I'd do my best to cut their business till they went under and I was starting with a nice informative web site. They saw the error of their way and promptly issues a full refund and apology. I'm a firm believer in don't get mad get even, legaly.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
I also expect someone who has sold me something or performed a service to make things right. If not, lets say I do all I can to extract my pound of flesh. I don't have any problem putting up a web site with the info and making sure when people google the business I'm pissed at it hits on my site also, that way people can be informed. I had a hotel give my wife and I a bad time once. I made sure they understood I expected a full refund or I'd do my best to cut their business till they went under and I was starting with a nice informative web site. They saw the error of their way and promptly issues a full refund and apology. I'm a firm believer in don't get mad get even, legaly.

that's EXACTLY what were going to do. They can sit on a judgment till hell freezes over and that's probably what they would do for spite, but you can't sit on NO BUSINESS ! This is a small place, It wont take us long to saturate the place. We're starting at the show, then going to Alabama to hit all the biker bars and everywhere bikers would stop. All they have to do is pay me and it will all stop

Quick Reply: Darkhorse Cranks & H&D Cycles