Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Question from USMC2803 about Head compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from USMC2803 about Head compatibility

He asked this in the wrong place, so I am going to paste it over here.

Hello everyone, just joined the site and could not find the mechanic or parts thread so I figured if anyone knows the answer to my question why not ask in the sporty thread. I am a 1st Lieutenant with the United States Marine Corps, and I recently have decided to venture from a sport bike (Honda CBR1000) over to the V-twin sector. I grew up around Harley's around the Hell's Angels in my home state, and decided a Harley was my calling rather than sport bikes. I decided to build my bike as I would get more appreciation for it, I picked up a 76 XLH motor and trans (4spd) and deleted the tranny to convert over to an evo tranny or a dyna 6 spd. The question however is that I would much prefer the evo head setup compared to the horseshoe heads of the ironhead. I have a chance to pick up an evo top end, jugs, heads and covers for cheap, so does anyone know if the evo jugs are compatible with the case of a 76 sportser XLH? and if so does anyone know if the heads will properly work?