Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

.......... Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a shame. I hope you are able to rectify the situation with little to no further outlay of cash. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to DarkHorse Crank Works. Good people to deal with.
Special thanks to Redline. The best motorcycle repair shop in Pensacola.

Last edited by FLHXXHLF; 05-25-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 AM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc trained theses guys on TTS. I have not used them but there close to you. http://www.hd-cycles.com/

Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before tearing it down I would take Daltons advice and have it retuned and make sure the timing is correct if you look in your HD shop manual under troubleshooting for excessive vibration it lists improper ignition timing as one of the reasons,I know it is Harley Davidson advise and most take it with a grain of salt but I usually take any of their advise that they are willing to offer seriously as they have been playing this game a lot longer than anyone else, besides I can't see Hobans messing up both cranks one maybe anything is possible but two in a row I just can't see it ,hope you get it figured out.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like what Wurk-Truk has to say. He is right. The time to decide this path is called the, "Maturing Process". Time to get your mind around this and be able to see the way forward.

Seems to me you have picked some shady folks to work on your bike.

No paperwork? No old parts? Won't give you the program in the bike?

Come on. This is not the way to do business.

Could double check tuning as Dalton said. From where I am, in SE TX, I would thing Florida is loaded with good tuners.

TTS is a forest and has a lot of trees but this is the nature of the whole process. And something You need to learn about or stay at the mercy of some. Fuel injection is really not too hard to learn about.

The difference between FI and Carburation is the difference between a Caveman Club and a H&K M5.

If you have the TTS you have everything you need to get the program in the ECM now. And tune this thing real well.

Last edited by Old Gunny; 05-05-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
We are continually alerted by clients, once they have their bike back, how smooooooooooooooth they are. Those are the a-typical phone calls we recieve.
Scott
I agree Scott I know high performance builds can be smooth ,the problem is the tuner or the lack there of good tuners and even the good tuners that know how to make the bike run smooth are pressured into a tune that puts the bike on the ragged edge on account the customer leaves his shop with his bottom lip hanging because he didn't get huge numbers on the dyno sheet which is bad for business.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woah, you paid for that TTS right?? He'd damn well better give it to you along with any old parts he took off, if not I would inform him that you will be contacting a lawyer. As a small business owner myself I can never understand why people choose to run their operation in this manner. You should let us know who it is so that we can all stay far away from him.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It is REALLY a shame to run into folks that put themselves 'out for business' and are so bad at it. Nathan is right about the no parts and not giving you your TTS dongle.

It is NOT that crap goes wrong... it is how folks fix mistakes that count, AND what separates good business from Bad.

For MY tune? I originally trailered the bike 4 hrs and came back a week later to get it.
How far is Doc from you? My advice is............ take the bike to Doc.

With BOTH of the bikes having the same symptoms..... what is in common to them? Same tuner for both? This IS good advice to look at the tune. Timing WILL do that... (he he he, Boy do I KNOW THAT!!!). Does your buddy's bike have the SE comp?

Exactly. where are you located? Collectively, we need to get you into the hands of someone we, the members, trust, for a non-biased look see.

Dude.... I'm with you SO much. I KNOW this blows. If you are mentally ready to move on. we, fellow forum members, will try to help you through this, OK?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW... Your story sounds all too familiar!! The "shop" you speak of isn't in N.C. is it?!?!? Having been down that road with local "shops" myself, and more than once I might add (shamefully), I know how you feel. It does sound like you're on the right path to getting it all figured out though. It was forums like this one that armed me with accurate information and suggestions to be able to never head down that road again!

K.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to DarkHorse Crank Works. Good people to deal with.
Special thanks to Redline. The best motorcycle repair shop in Pensacola.

Last edited by FLHXXHLF; 05-25-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: .......... Problems.