Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H Big Radius 2-1's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Radius 2-1's

When I purchased my bike I really liked the look of the Big Radius 2-2 Chrome pipes, so I had them and an SE Heavy breather installed before I took delivery of the bike. Now, I would have preferred to buy the black pipes... On top of that I have learned that I would get better performance from a 2-1 setup, so I am thinking about compromising and buying the V&H Big Radius 2-1 black pipes. Quite the investment, any opinions on these pipes?

What about the V&H Pro Pipe Hi Output pipes? I am not making any changes to the engine itself until late this fall when I take the bike back off the road, but have enough dough to change out the pipes this summer, and seeing as it will only keep the bike off the road for a couple of hours to change the pipes, I would like to go ahead and make the change soon.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You should get more power out of any 2 into 1. That being said a long 2 into 1 will yield better results than a shorter pipe due to the exhaust scavenging. Let me know of you need discount pricing on anything.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Joe477
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally dig the look of the big radius 2-1. It was between those and the campetition series that I got. I am glad I went with the copm series. The pipes perform great and I think the look of them is awesome. I did also look at the pro pipe, but I wanted to stay with a shorter. I think it all comes down to what you think looks good and what sound you are looking for. My advice is to look and listen to as much as you can before buying. If you go to youtube you can type in your bike and the pipes you wanna here, you'll find a video for almost everything. Here is my video, it is from this winter and before I installed the new cams and intake. Just keep in mind it is hard to capture the real sound, but it will give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_wR4dY_JM