Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Has any one ever attempted to put an extension on the SE II's to move the lower of the two staggered

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 04:54 PM
BHWAPITI
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one ever attempted to put an extension on the SE II's to move the lower of the two staggered

Has any one ever attempted to put an extension on the SE II's to move the lower of the two staggered pipe's exhaust back?..............95 CI engine and just would like the noise behind me another 9" or so.

Does anyone sell such a thing? The OD of the SE's is 3".
2005 Heritage Classic

Thanks for the comeback.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Has any one ever attempted to put an extension on the SE II's to move the lower of the two stagg

I wouldn't do it. The pipes are tuned in part by their length. Change the length and you will change the performance of the bike. If you want the sound behind you, AND want excellent performance, get a 2-1 exhaust like the Thunderheader or Pro-Pipe. That's the only way to go, IMHO. My Pro-Pipe outperforms every other exhaust system I've tested and sound nice and mellow on the highway. It's does speak up when cranking on it, though.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
BHWAPITI
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has any one ever attempted to put an extension on the SE II's to move the lower of the two stagg

Spectrexx:

Thank you for the comeback........I did not think a 9" x 3" Dia. tube would affect the performance.....but I will listen to you. I will take a look at the Thunderheader you suggested.

Thanks again!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, just a couple inches will make a difference. 40 inches is the standard length for most stock bikes, but that varies slightly depending on the design of the pipes and mufflers, and the mods done to the engine.