Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

A couple of things that I need help with

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of things that I need help with

Ok fellows here's the deal. I have a 05 Road King custom with a carb it is pretty much stock besides high flow air cleaner V&H slipons and I rejetted and drilled when they were installed. Last night I bolted on a set of Reinharts Tru duals. My question is am I going to have to rejet for these pipes or not? I cant remember what jets I put in there but I still have the kit so it wont be hard to figure out. And a second question that I have is. I would really like to change the cams, intake and maybe the carb before spring (depending on cash flow) but I'm not really sure what to go with so I would love some opinions on this. I was thinking maybe S&S carb and intake with redline cams and gears. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

so you have a stock bike with pipes and a/c
changed pipes and want to know if you should re-jet correct???/

now did you have it adjusted on a dyno for afr???

thats what ya should do.
but wait
now as far as changing carbs go leave the one you have on there alone..
look into a complete package not just one part at a atime also look into going to a 95 and headwork , and match everything up to the way you ride.
if thats you in the picture you might think like a set of good heads and a t-man 525 or a woods tw6 with some baisley heads.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

Pipes just got installed yesterday and I was trying to get an idea of what jet size to run or how many sizes I should try jumping up to for the pipes. I know theres alot of guys thats bolted a set of reihart tru duals on their bike with my mods, so I guess I was thinking that if someone on here has done so they could let me know what jet size worked for them. And no my bike has never been on a dyno, as of right now I didnt see a point in it. Its not an EFI bike therefore the only thing they can do is keep changing jets and keep rerunning it until they feel Its right or am I wrong about that.

To be honest I would love to do a zippers 95" Torque kit, But right now finances wont allow that, So for now I have availability to a set of S/E 203s or a set of 211s right now at a good price and maybe a carb also. I'm just trying to get to run a little better for the summer if possible.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

that carb that you have is good dont go wasting money. . for a better bost in driving i would install 337 gearing if memory serves me correct it was a 27tooth comp sroocket and 54 t00th rear. easy to do.