Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Previously posted in the wrong place...sorry

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previously posted in the wrong place...sorry

The heads have been worked, we are playing with a Woods TW-400-6, equipped with a 4 degree gear. Oh, the cam is quiet as well...very little valve train noise).

This 08 Ultra 103 has a D&D with performance baffle, new lifters, push rods, and roller lifters, springs, CP Pistons with 10:5:1 compression ratio, a power commander and new Rivera Pro-Clutch.

The numbers as the engine sits now =109 hp /115 tq. (STD read out), Each cylinder is individually tuned. (sorry, I do not have the print outs in front of me, they are at the shop). Okay so that's the basic build....for now

The Issue

In 1st through 4th the tq is great, the engine performs very well. In 5th and 6th the power does not continue to rise past 109 hp everything is new with the exception of the power commander, and oil pump.

I know it's tough without having the print out, numbers and engine in front of you, but, are there any ideas about what may be preventing the power increase in 5th and 6th?

Do i have to go to the TTS to get the upper end HP? everything else has been worked as of 10:30 this morning.

I guess i should not complain about the present numbers to much, for a bagger they look pretty good. However, the bug continues to bite, if the numbers can be a little better and the TTS is what it takes, so be it.

Ideas, comments, suggestions?

Phil