Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Harley Stage III-kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Axman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Stage III-kit

To make a long story short: This autumn I had a close encounter with a car. My insurance company decided that I would get a new bike.

I will get a new -10 Fat Bob (I had a -08) and I might get a good price on the Stage 3 kit from Harley. So it might be a good deal to get this kit if the price is right and the warranty is OK from the dealers point of view.

The kits part-nr is 27513-08

It is not the kit I had in mind, a indie shop fairly close to me offers a better kit but since my new bike will have 5 years of warranty and I already have waited 2+ years to do this I want to ask if this kit is worth the money if I can get a good deal.

I have 25% on the kit, 20% on the work. Also I think that my insurance covers some of the cost because of parts I already had installed on my old bike.

If this kit is not available (they had only 2 of them on a sale). What alternatives do I have?

Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's only a passing similarity between what I can get done at an independent performance shop and the dealer. The manufacturer's warranty is not affected, and only voided if the parts installed caused the failure - and it is the warranty repair center that must prove that the modification was the cause of failure in order to escape warranty coverage. Why I would pay 40% more on parts and 30% more on labor to be shoe-horned into the dealer's idea of an upgrade escapes me right now, but let me sleep on it...

Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Axman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you, normally I would not even consider this. But I think that I could get this done for a very competetive price tag so I ned some input from others in order to make a decision.

It is certanly not my first choise, but if the price is right...