Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

S&S 106 BB kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Already have a PC5 and Basanni 2-1.

Isn't the headwork based around the size of the engine so I would have to do it again when I went from 96" to 106"?

I'm no expert so that's why I was asking.

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Put the $$$ into the heads and a cam upgrade. Nice butt dyno feel.

Save UP for BB kit later.

You can do in steps if $$ tight.

#1... buy TTS
#2 buy cams like George (SEDeluxe) says.
#3 get heads ported
#4 exhaust
#5 BB Kit.

You can build one thing on to another as you go if you use a good plan that looks towards the future. Only thing will be the Tuner won't, by itself, show any riding improvements, but MUST be the base for the rest of your upgrades. If you are doing your own labor... the only thing will be buying gaskets as you progress.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanw
Already have a PC5 and Basanni 2-1.

Isn't the headwork based around the size of the engine so I would have to do it again when I went from 96" to 106"?

I'm no expert so that's why I was asking.
not necessiarlyyou are correct about larger motors but in this caseif you did go with a 525 cam now and later went with a set of Baisley , T-man , Hillside heads later they will cc the heads for the proper amount and ls you have to do is relief cut the valve reliefs on the piston (with a dremel) and bolt the heads on and re-tune.
now if you send me your e-mail i can send you a set of dyno sheets with this application you will be over 105/105 with this set up forless money in the future.
since you are already at 96ci just put a cam in and re-tune later do the heads for the extra bump ....
imo a woods 6 cam with a 4degree advance or a andrews 54 ( i goofed) cam will also work well..

Last edited by SEDELUXE; 01-05-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or....

Have your stock cylinders bored to 103 and use the screamin' eagle cast pistons.. Total cost $350 and will be within 5Hp/Torque of the 106 kit. Get yourself an Andrews 54 cam and have Big Boyz do up your heads... Then get yourself the TTS mastertune and have somebody dyno tune it...

Lemme see here.. If you can do ALL the disassembly / reassembly work yourself you could get this done for under $1800 dyno tuned and all...

Save your money, do it once and do it right..

Old 01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

Thank's for that dyno chart, it's a sweet power curve for sure.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the big bore kit is a real deal, then go ahead and get it so you are not passing up the deal. But, if you took that money and purchased a set of cams to work with the stock configuration and maybe ones that will aslo work up to the 10.01 such at the HQ 500, T-Man 525 or others, you would be further ahead with cams only vs big bore only.

Others have made great suggestions regarding the progressive steps to take with a build if you are not going to do it all at once.

HP - How much do you want and how much do you have to spend !!!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

this says it all "how much do you have to spend"
Originally Posted by Dalton
If the big bore kit is a real deal, then go ahead and get it so you are not passing up the deal. But, if you took that money and purchased a set of cams to work with the stock configuration and maybe ones that will aslo work up to the 10.01 such at the HQ 500, T-Man 525 or others, you would be further ahead with cams only vs big bore only.

Others have made great suggestions regarding the progressive steps to take with a build if you are not going to do it all at once.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Ok, How much $$ could you get the 106" kit for ? MSRP = $695 Just looking at S&S dyno charts, the 106" kit/583 cam/stock heads/stock TB shows really nice gains over a stock 96". I know all dyno charts are not created equal but their numbers sure look good? Their cams also show little built in ACR's and thats' kinda interesting. I have 0 knowledge of the quality tho ....

Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton

I agree with Dalton.

If it was me I would do.......

1. Cams Andrew 37 or Tman 525 or we can have some fun with Tman 625

2. 107 Revoltion Cylinders kit and forged pistions 10.5.1 Warranty for life on warping or plating defects.
3. CNC port the heads and use 1.900 intake and either 1.615 or 1.625 exhaust. roller rockers .. etc,

4. pcv

5. good exhaust system

6. good lifters

7. good tune etc.....

That would be a fun built motor. at least 100 hp about 115 tq. if not more.

You would have nothing but

Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior

$550.00 which is basically cost for it. I'm going to wait as I think I could duplicate this deal down the road when I have enough $ for the whole package.

Originally Posted by troop
Ok, How much $$ could you get the 106" kit for ? MSRP = $695 Just looking at S&S dyno charts, the 106" kit/583 cam/stock heads/stock TB shows really nice gains over a stock 96". I know all dyno charts are not created equal but their numbers sure look good? Their cams also show little built in ACR's and thats' kinda interesting. I have 0 knowledge of the quality tho ....

Last edited by nathanw; 01-07-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior

I've read some nasty stuff about them, I'll stick with S&S. Not to mention the fact that their kit is A LOT more expensive and only 1 more CI, if I wanted to spend 1K I'd go with a Jims 110" or for a couple of bucks more a Jims 120", definitely not worth the $ IMO.

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
2. 107 Revoltion Cylinders kit and forged pistions 10.5.1 Warranty for life on warping or plating defects.

Last edited by nathanw; 01-07-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: S&S 106 BB kit