Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Procharger ordered for Rocker!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent on price......

662 will give you power across the board where the 258 will be more of a top end cam. But for these cams to work right on your bike with a blower you will need to bump up your comp. 9.5.1 with blower. Even your 211 cam...What have you done to the heads???

Originally Posted by 05FATfatty
Thanks Frank. The Wiseco 9.1 to 1 comp pistons are there to stay. Just paid $700 for pistons, gasket kit & boring. The new pistons are apparently 2.5 thou undersize-compared to the ring size, due to the high heat build up with blown motors. I think this is why I broke a piston on the dyno last year, as the SE 10.5 to 1 pistons were for an NA motor, not forced induction, and it nipped up and broke the lands between the rings when it got hot on the dyno.
How much for a set of SE 258 cams, inc postage to Australia, postcode 2500? Chicago Harley sell them for US$299.95. Do I need a bearing kit also? Also, how much for the Tman 662-1, and why are they better? My bike is for riding-anywhere, and everywhere. Not a drag bike. It has to be easy to live with, although a trip to drags is not out of the question after I get a decent clutch!
It would have been so much easier to keep the motor standard, but that's boring!
Cheers, Mike

Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
05FATfatty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
PM sent on price......

662 will give you power across the board where the 258 will be more of a top end cam. But for these cams to work right on your bike with a blower you will need to bump up your comp. 9.5.1 with blower. Even your 211 cam...What have you done to the heads???
Thanks for the PM. Heads are ported, polished & flowed, stock valves & stock throttle body. Vance & Hines say the Big Radius 2-2 pipes aren't the best for low end power either, as they are too short & don't have sufficient volume for low end scavenging. I just like the look & the sound. Would it make a difference if I increased the boost over standard, (to 12psi, rather than the nominal 10psi by fitting a smaller driven pulley), rather than changing pistons again?
Cheers, Mike

Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

Thanks Frank. For now, I think I'll leave it with the 9:1 comp pistons, and accept the dip you refer to-still a bit doughy down low (or would this be improved with higher comp pistons), so some clutch slip is needed-hence, a new clutch soon! It's still shed loads better than stock, with nearly twice what it started with (that was 70 HP was with cams and ported heads before Procharger was bolted on-now 129 HP). Almost certain that I will make changes down the line. This is a bike I will keep forever. Probably end up like granpa's axe-same axe, just had 3 new handles and a new head! About to mount the ThunderMax now, as I have bolted in the 95 cube kit. Any tips on where to mount the 2 bar map sensor unit, or should I just cable tie to the frame under the tank?
Cheers, Mike

Last edited by 05FATfatty; 11-15-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I can get you an AIM clutch it will handle up to 175Tq.. all day and easy on the hand..... Also use a 2.95 pulley or 2.85 it will help with down low and up high. and still be around 10lbs of boost at 6250rpm

Last 95 I did made 147hp 128 tq.... 06 bagger

Thanks Frank. For now, I think I'll leave it with the 9:1 comp pistons, and accept the dip you refer to-still a bit doughy down low (or would this be improved with higher comp pistons), so some clutch slip is needed-hence, a new clutch soon! It's still shed loads better than stock, with nearly twice what it started with (that was 70 HP was with cams and ported heads before Procharger was bolted on-now 129 HP). Almost certain that I will make changes down the line. This is a bike I will keep forever. Probably end up like granpa's axe-same axe, just had 3 new handles and a new head! About to mount the ThunderMax now, as I have bolted in the 95 cube kit. Any tips on where to mount the 2 bar map sensor unit, or should I just cable tie to the frame under the tank?
Cheers, Mike

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 11-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Turbo ray 44
Tourer
Default Great install.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing your motorcycle when its up and running. Looks like to much fun.

Originally Posted by sgod1100
Just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered a procharger kit for my 08 Rocker from Dragos Bike Works (Frank). The whole kit was around 5K (that includes EVERYTHING you need, larger injectors, PCV etc.) I have posted this on ***************** and the whole thread has turned into people telling me (for the most part that my crank is going to fail). I just wanted to post it here to give everyone a heads up on what I was doing and what the results are going to be Once I install it and get it dyno tuned I'll post results as well

If you are going to supercharged/turbocharged your bike talk to Frank (Dragos Bike Works). Very knowledgable guy and very good customer service. Best prices as well

Attached Thumbnails Procharger ordered for Rocker!-img_0209.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Email me or call if you need more info. Good luck!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

Hi all. Latest on my Procharger. Installed a ThunderMax with auto tune, and Zipper's 2 bar MAP sensor on Saturday. Problem is, it just won't run when I enable supercharger mode in the Tmax software. I can start it, but it dies in about 2 seconds from lack of fuel-as if the fuel pump has been switched off. Disable supercharger mode, and I get a nice stable idle, but I can't ride it, as when I start to open the throttle, the boost leans it out too much, even though I've adjusted the injector size & richened the AFR targets throughout the rev range at higher throttle settings.
Very frustrating. I've emailed Zipper's (James Ramsey), but yet to get a reply due to time differences.
Installing the 2 bar MAP sensor was simple-just cut the stock 1 bar sensor plug off & wire in the new Zipper's plug to the harness, and I used the standard blanked off throttle body port to read manifold pressure.
Any tips? The Tmax pdf help manual offers nothing with regards to supercharging mode.
Cheers, Mike

Old 11-22-2010, 06:30 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I sent you an email..

Thanks,
FD.

Hi all. Latest on my Procharger. Installed a ThunderMax with auto tune, and Zipper's 2 bar MAP sensor on Saturday. Problem is, it just won't run when I enable supercharger mode in the Tmax software. I can start it, but it dies in about 2 seconds from lack of fuel-as if the fuel pump has been switched off. Disable supercharger mode, and I get a nice stable idle, but I can't ride it, as when I start to open the throttle, the boost leans it out too much, even though I've adjusted the injector size & richened the AFR targets throughout the rev range at higher throttle settings.
Very frustrating. I've emailed Zipper's (James Ramsey), but yet to get a reply due to time differences.
Installing the 2 bar MAP sensor was simple-just cut the stock 1 bar sensor plug off & wire in the new Zipper's plug to the harness, and I used the standard blanked off throttle body port to read manifold pressure.
Any tips? The Tmax pdf help manual offers nothing with regards to supercharging mode.
Cheers, Mike

Old 11-23-2010, 02:35 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

Thanks Frank. Still waiting for replies from Zipper's & Procharger.
Cheers, Mike

Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

I'm happy now. Rang Thundermax, spoke to James Ramsey. He sent me a custom map suited to the capacity & the yellow band injectors. Started straight away. Just needed to alter the speedo calibration & remove the 6th gear tps figure that was in his map. Will keep you informed how it goes.
Cheers, Mike

Quick Reply: Procharger ordered for Rocker!