Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dollars/HP increase?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Fellow members BAGGERDSM, Dalton, PhilM, all have extremely reliable rippers that they tour with.
Those bikes will flat wax a Jap sportbike at 65-70 mph, both pulling high gear roll on throttle runs. Plain fact.
Sure, after the 4 cylinder, overhead cam, 5 valve, multiple t/bodied,(and solenoid controlled intake tracts on some) factory tuned pipe, vaiable ignition timing, lightweight machine finally gathers a head of steam, it'll roll around those bikes. And.............?
Wendover, Utah is a great place for those.
Scott
dam Scott you forgot to mention me..... i guess i dont fit into the tour group....

Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
06roadglide
Advanced

Fellow members BAGGERDSM, Dalton, PhilM, all have extremely reliable rippers that they tour with.
Those bikes will flat wax a Jap sportbike at 65-70 mph, both pulling high gear roll on throttle runs. Plain fact.
Sure, after the 4 cylinder, overhead cam, 5 valve, multiple t/bodied,(and solenoid controlled intake tracts on some) factory tuned pipe, vaiable ignition timing, lightweight machine finally gathers a head of steam, it'll roll around those bikes. And.............?
Wendover, Utah is a great place for those.
Scott
Bet even a busa feels sluggish at 65 mph in high gear when the throttle is rolled to WOT. Probably just about nose over on it's self.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by 06roadglide
Bet even a busa feels sluggish at 65 mph in high gear when the throttle is rolled to WOT. Probably just about nose over on it's self.
Scott, and George, your motorcycles should also be on the list of those I mentioned as well. My apologys.
I made the proper edits to that post.
Scott

Last edited by Hillsidecycle.com; 12-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

Scott, and George, your motorcycles should also be on the list of those I mentioned as well. My apologys.
I made the proper edits to that post.
Scott
dont make me put you in a TIME-OUT for improper posting........

Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
do it 3-4 times and it really adds up
...but, do I get to .... wait, I mean wouldn't "you" add the results of the (multiple) previous iterations???

If you're not have'n fun with it..... find sumthin else to do. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

also.... I have a feeling Scott has a scoot or ten what would fall into the "group" referenced earlier....

Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain

+++ on the $80-100/hp for the first 20 (50-60 if you do the work yourself). After that it adds up.

I don't think that most HD owners try to get their torque/HP up in order to drag the rice burners/sports bikes. It more of a culture kind of thing.. some do it for bragging rites amoungst other HDs and some do it just to have a feeling that their bike can perform. I did cams and Stage I only... why.. part was just hanging our on the Forum and got an itch that needed to be scratched. But I do like the wump-wump of the new cams and the little extra low down grunt. $89/hp.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

i ride with a lot of guys that have sport bikes and harleys. when i first went riding with them i had a 98in motor. they fried me. im talking 600 here nothing bigger ok... then next yr a 120. got real close
this yr i di a bunch of suspension and other things.
did not tell them as. went up north took it real easy... when we got up there they were amazed how a harley could stay with them all day long. now like i mentioned before up to 120-130 mph . ill cruise at 100 mph all day
like another fellow member states no hd can run with those bikes and he is correct. those machines do what they do very well and stop handle on a dime.
if i had to build a motor again i do not think i would go this radical. its very costly but fun.
now i am gettin older and looking to do something diffrent.may be a little over stock..... as a fellow member keeps tellin me when i talk to him all he says is YEA RIGHT STOCK ....once ya go big cubes you never go back.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default Dollars/HP increase

I'm not a member of the 120 + Club....yet. I'll increase my 103 out of spite, just cause my goal is to be able to tell my partner, "WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN I SPEED AWAY FROM YOU" I have 117 CI's in my sights.
As the song says "It's just a matter of time"

Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
dont make me put you in a TIME-OUT for improper posting........
George,
Next will be, I have the wrong color shoelaces on, or something else that means as much.
I'd be pretty shallow, if I put a lot of stock in what those fellows over there busy themselves with.
Everyone that matters, knows what is going on anyway.
Scott

Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
I'm not a member of the 120 + Club....yet. I'll increase my 103 out of spite, just cause my goal is to be able to tell my partner, "WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN I SPEED AWAY FROM YOU" I have 117 CI's in my sights.
As the song says "It's just a matter of time"

I like your way of thinking............
Scott

Quick Reply: Dollars/HP increase?