Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rinehart 2 into 1 or True Duels

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:36 AM
FriscoRoadGlider
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart 2 into 1 or True Duels

I ride a '06 Road Glide and have cycle shack slips on right now but am considering the Rinehart 2 into 1 or the traditional equal bagger look of the 2 into 2's. which I really like the look of but want to know what the difference is. I know you get a little better HP and Torque with the 2 -1 but what is the sound difference between the two. I think when I've heard Rineharts before they have a highend type of sound to them rather than the low rummble that I like. Little help guys???............................Cheers Frisco Dave

Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart 2 into 1 or True Duels

I haven't heard a 2-1 Rinehart yet, but i do have the Rinehart True Duals on my ride.....and they sound great.

I don't know what you heard that has a highend type sound to them, but it wasn't Rineharts.

My Rineharts have a super deep rumble to them at idle and low cruise, and on the highway they are deep and low and not too loud at all. At 2500 rpm they are supposed to be at 98db........very comfortable level.

I've been watching for a 2-1 Rinehart in Laconia all week, but haven't seen one going by yet. Spending the weekend there, so I'm sure to catch one at some point.

Steve

Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ANY 2-1 system will outperform just about any 2-2 system..... period. I don't pay any attention to the sound... the sound isn't what moves you down the road. Even so, I do like the sound of all the 2-1 pipes I've heard.... much more than most of the dual systems. Also, the 2-1 will give you a LOT more torque in the low and mid rpm ranges. HP is not important on a Harley street bike since it doesn't peak out until above 5252 rpm, and not many people ride at those engine speeds all the time. HP is a product of torque, so if you have the torque, then you have all the HP you'll need.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with the 2 into 1...

I have no experience with the Rinehart, but I do with several others. Any "quality" 2 into 1 is better than a true dual from a performance perspective.

I know the D&D FatCat is one of best. I have my second one now. I have also had V&H ProPipe, WhiteBros E-Series, and ThunderHeader. If not D&D, I go with a THunderHeader, because they no longer make the E-Series pipe.

If "the look" is an issue, both D&D & ThunderHeader have "falsies" that give the appearence of two pipes on a bagger.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:09 AM
GRUNT77
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I just got my 06 Road Glide back from the dealer. Had them install a 2-1 D&D Fat Cat, Race Tuner and SE Air Cleaner. All I can say is "WOW" great bottom end and midrange power. The sound of the pipes are awsome and you can still hear the radio. I have hade previous bikes with "Thunderheaders" on them and I can say that they are really good pipes but the quality and performance do not match the "D&D" Fat Cat. I am totally happy with the pipe and the seat of pants performance gain. The service manager told me this was the first 2-1 pipe that they put on a bagger and that they were totally impressed with the quality and performance. I also had them put a set of "Heritage" bars on the bike and it made a tremendous difference in comfort and control. My rear view mirrors are now past my shoulders and makes it real easy to see whats behind me. I can't really comment on the "Rienharts" 2-1, but at the dealership that I go to in N.J. they do alot of "Rienhart" true duels. Be different and go with a good 2-1 and get your monies worth with performance and sound. Just a side note my bike had the 8 degree injectors and I was having ridability issues prior to getting the work done. With the race tuner that problem has been corrected. Bike runs like a raped ape. I ordered the pipes from www.CycleSpot.com and the SE parts from Jenni at www.Benjyshd.com. Enjoy the bike and whatever pipes you go with.